Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme Check Budget & Coverage | Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme Check Features & Benefits | Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme Check Implementation & Key Initiatives | Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme Check Objectives & All Details |
The Odisha Cabinet has given the green light to a scheme called Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme with a budget of Rs. 4,000 crore. This scheme is part of the State Plan and is a modification of the earlier ‘Ama Gaon Ama Bikash’ initiative. It aims to bring positive changes to Odisha, with a focus on the financial year 2023–24.
Through this article, we will provide you with all types of information about the Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme 2024 like purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features, important documents, etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process to apply online for this scheme. To get complete information about this scheme, read this article till the end.
Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme 2024
The Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme has been launched in order to modernize Odisha while keeping its rich culture intact. It values inclusivity and equality, welcoming everyone. The government plans to allocate Rs. 4,000 crore for this scheme in the current fiscal year. It envisions a new, aspirational, and modern Odisha that continues to cherish its history and traditions, like the Jagannath culture, known for love and service.
The Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme has been launched in order to enhance rural infrastructure for faster growth and safeguard Odisha’s Jagannath culture and history. Starting in the fiscal year 2023–2024, it allows each Gram Panchayat to undertake projects worth up to Rs. 10 lakh. This historic initiative focuses on preserving our Jagannath culture and protecting local religious sites and historical places.
Highlights Of Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme 2024
The highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scheme
|Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme
|State Government of Odisha
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
|To modernize Odisha while preserving its rich Jagannath culture
|This will also make Odisha a contemporary and aspirational state
|Citizens of Odisha
|Rs. 4,000/- Crores
|Mode Of Transfer
|Form of Benefit
|Preservation Of Jagannath Culture
|National Information Center (NIC)
|Mode Of Application
|Last Date To Apply Online
|Will be updated soon
|Will be updated soon
Objectives of Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme 2024
The primary objective of launching the Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme is to modernize Odisha while preserving its rich Jagannath culture. It seeks to bridge gaps in various areas, such as empowering women and youth, improving education, enhancing digital connectivity, and promoting sports facilities. This will also make Odisha a contemporary and aspirational state.
Another significant objective of launching the Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme is to address the shortcomings in small-scale projects and infrastructure development in Odisha. It strives to fill these gaps to propel the state’s growth. This will also globalize the Jagannath culture, recognizing its importance as a cultural treasure that values equality, service, and various forms of love, contributing to Odisha’s identity.
Development of Mission Shakti Groups
The scheme focuses on empowering Mission Shakti Groups at the Gram Panchayat (GP) level by creating new facilities. This step aims to strengthen rural areas by providing urban-like facilities, including youth sports facilities, banking services, and improved digital access like mobile connectivity, optical fiber connectivity, WiFi, and internet access.
Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme Community Participation
The scheme encourages active involvement from local residents, community organizations, government officials, and stakeholders in suggesting and promoting initiatives. Collaboration is key to ensuring the success of the scheme. District collectors and the Zilla parish president will compile a consolidated project list at the GP level, which will be reviewed and approved by the Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water Department.
Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme Budget Allocation
It is only on the basis of the budget amount that the effective and successful implementation of this scheme will take place. The State Budget has set aside a substantial amount of Rs. 4,000 crore for this program. This funding is intended to support the initiative’s implementation.
Coverage of Gram Panchayats
The program aims to cover all Gram Panchayats in each Block of the State, ensuring widespread participation. Each Gram Panchayat is entitled to receive up to 50 lakh rupees for projects, with costs ranging from 2.5 lakh to 10 lakh rupees. In this way, the collective responsibility will be carried out.
Implementation at Panchayat Samiti Level
The implementation process of this scheme will start from the Panchayat Samiti Level which will be the beginning stage. The Panchayat Samiti will oversee the execution of projects across various departments, following established protocols.
Authority of the Collector
The Collector has the discretion to select other agencies to carry out the project work, providing flexibility in project execution. This will be the second stage where the implementation of this scheme will start taking place at the second level. This will make sure that the implementation is taking place in the right manner via the right authority.
Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme Rural Infrastructure Improvement
The program aims to enhance rural infrastructure, fostering rapid growth in rural areas. This initiative recognizes the need to upgrade facilities and services to support the well-being of local communities. With this scheme, Odisha will be able to enhance its infrastructure.
Preservation of Jagannath Culture
Another vital role of this program is the promotion, conservation, and protection of Odisha’s rich Jagannath culture and history. This culture values inclusivity and love, and the program seeks to ensure its preservation for future generations.
Empowerment of Gram Panchayats
Each Gram Panchayat can undertake projects worth up to Rs. 10 lakh, focusing on conserving Jagannath culture, safeguarding local places of worship, and historical sites, and providing essential amenities for pilgrims and visitors. This empowers local communities and ensures that cultural and historical heritage benefits future generations.
Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme Political Strategy
Observers suggest that Patnaik’s focus on protecting Jagannath culture is a strategic move to counter the BJP’s political influence. By championing the inclusive Jagannath culture, he aims to thwart the BJP’s potential adoption of Hindutva, similar to the Ram Temple construction in Uttar Pradesh. In this way, this political strategy will be ensured.
Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme BJP’s Criticism
The BJP has raised concerns about the completion status of projects under the previous scheme ‘Ama Gaon Ama Bikash,’ stating that a significant number of projects remain unfinished. BJP leader Samir Mohanty questioned the government’s announcement of the new scheme without addressing these pending projects.
Government Initiatives to Strengthen & Expand State’s Power Infrastructure
Some key initiatives of this scheme are as follows:-
- Cabinet Approves Infrastructure Proposals
- The cabinet has given its approval to nine key proposals aimed at enhancing the state’s power infrastructure.
- These proposals include the establishment of 99 new 33/11 KV sub-stations and 64 independent power lines, with a total budget of Rs 1,796.73 crore.
- Ongoing Power Projects
- Many of these infrastructure projects are already in progress, demonstrating the government’s commitment to improving the state’s electricity infrastructure.
- Previous Government Initiatives
- In the past, the state government had sanctioned 473 primary sub-stations (33/11 KV) and associated lines, with an approved budget of Rs 3,843 crore.
- Most of these projects have been completed.
- Focus on System Improvement
- To ensure a reliable and high-quality power supply, the government plans to upgrade transformers, replace old or damaged conductors, and strengthen existing 11 KV and 33 KV power lines.
- Rural Voltage Issues Addressed
- The government is also taking steps to address low voltage issues in rural areas through the Chief Minister’s Power Development Programme, with a planned investment of Rs 1,284.49 crore in the coming financial years (2023-24 and 2024-25).
Benefits Of Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme 2024
The benefits of this scheme are as follows:-
- Financial assistance for higher education: The scheme provides scholarships and financial aid to students pursuing higher education.
- Skill development training: The scheme offers skill development training programs to empower youth and increase employability.
- Employment opportunities: By providing skill training and guidance, the scheme helps in creating job opportunities for the youth.
- Support for entrepreneurs: The scheme offers financial aid and guidance to encourage entrepreneurship among the youth.
- Health insurance coverage: The scheme provides health insurance coverage for underprivileged families to ensure access to healthcare services.
- Housing assistance: The scheme offers assistance for housing purposes to help families in need.
- Infrastructure development: The scheme focuses on developing infrastructure in rural areas, providing better amenities to the residents.
- Women empowerment programs: The scheme includes programs and initiatives to empower women and promote gender equality.
- Financial support for farmers: The scheme provides financial assistance and support to farmers to improve agricultural practices and increase productivity.
- Environmental conservation: The scheme promotes environmental conservation and sustainability through various initiatives and programs.
Features Of Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme 2024
The features of this scheme are as follows:-
- The State Government of Odisha has launched the Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme.
- The CM or Chief Minister has initiated this scheme.
- Only the residents of Odisha state will get benefits.
- For the successful implementation, a budget amount of Rs. 4000/- crores has been approved.
- Each Gram Panchayat is entitled to receive up to 50 lakh rupees for projects.
- District collectors and the Zilla parish president will compile a consolidated project list at the GP level.
- The last date to apply online will be updated soon.
- For getting more information, one can visit the official website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme?
The Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme is a government initiative in Odisha with a budget of Rs. 4,000 crore. It aims to modernize the state while preserving its culture, focusing on the fiscal year 2023–24.
2. What is the primary objective of this scheme?
The main objective is to modernize Odisha while safeguarding its rich Jagannath culture, addressing gaps in areas like education, digital connectivity, and sports facilities, and making Odisha an aspirational state.
3. How does the scheme empower rural areas?
It enhances rural infrastructure, providing urban-like facilities to Gram Panchayats, including sports facilities, banking services, and improved digital access.
4. Who can participate in the scheme’s initiatives?
The scheme encourages active involvement from local residents, community organizations, government officials, and stakeholders in suggesting and promoting initiatives.
5. How is the budget allocated for the scheme?
The State Budget allocates Rs. 4,000 crore to support the scheme’s implementation.
6. What is the coverage of the program?
The program aims to cover all Gram Panchayats in each Block of the State, with each Gram Panchayat entitled to receive up to 50 lakh rupees for projects.
7. Who oversees project execution under this scheme?
The implementation begins at the Panchayat Samiti Level, and the Collector has the authority to select other agencies for project execution.
8. What is the scheme’s role in preserving Jagannath culture?
It promotes, conserves, and protects Odisha’s Jagannath culture and history, ensuring its preservation for future generations.
9. How does this scheme empower Gram Panchayats?
Each Gram Panchayat can undertake projects worth up to Rs. 10 lakh, focusing on conserving Jagannath culture, safeguarding local religious sites, and historical places, and providing essential amenities.
10. Where can I get more information about the Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme?
For more information, you can visit the official website, and details about the last date for online applications will be updated soon.