PM Kisan 16th Installment Check Status & Login | PM Kisan 16th Installment Check Amount & Beneficiaries | PM Kisan 16th Installment Check Benefits & Features | PM Kisan 16th Installment Check Eligibility & All Details |
Before we discuss the PM Kisan 16th Installment, let’s quickly recap what the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is all about. This scheme was launched by the Government of India in 2018 to provide financial assistance to small and marginal farmers across the country. Under this scheme, eligible farmers receive direct income support of Rs. 6,000 per year in three equal installments.
This article will provide you with all types of information about the PM Kisan 16th Installment 2024 like purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features, important documents, etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process to check installment. To get complete information about this instalment, read this article till the end.
PM Kisan 16th Installment
The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana has been a lifeline for farmers, providing them with financial support to meet their farming needs. As we eagerly await the PM Kisan 16th Installment for the year 2024, let’s appreciate the government’s efforts in uplifting the farming community. If you are an eligible farmer, make sure to mark the installment date on your calendar and keep an eye on your bank account for the much-awaited credit.
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana has given 14 installments to 11 crore eligible farmers, providing Rs 2000 per quarter. The PM Kisan 16th Installment of Rs 2000 is scheduled for January 2024. This scheme ensures Rs 6000 annually directly transferred to farmers’ bank accounts. The upcoming installment is eagerly awaited by beneficiaries, bringing essential financial support to farmers across the country.
Highlights of PM Kisan 16th Installment
The highlights of this instalment are as follows:-
|Name Of The List
|PM Kisan 16th Installment
|PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
|To display the payment status of farmers
|Farmers will be able to track the payment status
|Citizens of India
|No of Installments
|Mode Of Transfer
|DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
|Form of Benefit
|Facilitation of Payment Status
|Amount of benefit
|Insurance Premium, Free Power, Free Borewells, Cold Storage, and Life Insurance Cover
|National Information Center (NIC)
|Mode Of Application
|Department of Agriculture,
Cooperation & Farmers Welfare,
Objectives of PM Kisan 16th Installment
The first objective of the PM-KISAN 16th Installment is to provide financial stability to farmers. Agriculture is the primary source of livelihood for a significant portion of the Indian population, especially in rural areas. However, farmers often face various challenges, including unpredictable weather conditions, rising input costs, and market fluctuations. The 16th installment, like the previous ones, will provide much-needed financial assistance to farmers, enabling them to invest in their farms.
The second objective of the PM-KISAN 16th Installment is to boost the rural economy. The scheme not only benefits individual farmers but also has a positive impact on the overall rural economy. When farmers receive direct income support, they have more purchasing power, which leads to increased demand for goods and services in rural areas. The 16th installment will contribute to the overall economic development of rural areas by injecting additional funds into the local economy.
About PM Kisan
PM Kisan is a fully funded Central Sector scheme starting from December 1, 2018. It offers an annual income support of Rs. 6,000 in three equal parts to farmer families. A family, as per the scheme, includes the husband, wife, and minor children. Eligibility is determined by State Governments and UT administrations. The fund is directly deposited into beneficiaries’ bank accounts. Certain exclusion categories exist for the scheme.
PMKISAN GoI App
The Indian Government introduced the “Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN)” scheme to boost the income of Small and Marginal Farmers (SMFs). Started in February 2019, it’s managed by the Department of Agriculture. The scheme provides a direct payment of Rs. 6000 annually, distributed in three equal Rs. 2000 installments every four months directly to the bank accounts of eligible landholding families.
Amount Of Benefit
Under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, eligible farmers receive direct income support of ₹6,000 per year. This amount is provided in three equal installments of ₹2,000 each. The funds are transferred directly to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries. The scheme aims to provide financial assistance to farmers to meet their agricultural needs and improve their livelihoods.
16th Installment of PM-Kisan
The 16th installment of PM-Kisan is an eagerly awaited event for farmers who are enrolled in the scheme. This installment is part of the government’s commitment to provide regular financial assistance to farmers to meet their agricultural needs and improve their livelihoods. Let’s take a closer look at the details of the 16th installment.
The payment date for the 16th installment of PM-Kisan is yet to be announced by the government. Farmers are advised to stay updated with the latest information through official channels such as the PM-Kisan portal or by contacting their respective state agriculture departments.
The list of ineligible beneficiaries to apply online for this scheme is as follows:-
- Institutional landholders are not eligible.
- Farmer families falling into specified categories are ineligible:
- Former and present constitutional postholders
- Former and present Ministers/State Ministers, Members of Parliament/Legislative Assemblies/Councils, former and present Mayors, and District Panchayat Chairpersons
- Serving or retired officers and employees of Central/State Government and its units, PSEs, Autonomous Institutions, and regular Local Bodies employees (excluding Class IV staff)
- Superannuated/retired pensioners with a monthly pension of Rs.10,000 or more (excluding Class IV staff)
- Individuals who paid Income Tax in the last assessment year
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with professional bodies.
Distribution of Scheme Benefits
Some guidelines issued for the distribution of scheme benefits are as follows:-
- Only farmers’ families listed in the land records are eligible for the benefit.
- Exception for North-East States and Jharkhand regarding entry into land records.
- Eligibility cut-off date: 01.02.2019, with no changes for the next 5 years.
- Transfer of land ownership due to succession (death) is considered for benefits.
- Farmers in records after 01.12.2018 till 01.02.2019 are eligible from the entry date.
- For land transfers between 01.12.2018 and 31.01.2019, proportionate benefits until 31.03.2019.
- States to update land records for succession rights accruing before 01.12.2018.
- Eligibility for those in records due to succession rights accrual, subject to other conditions.
The mechanism for monitoring are as follows:-
- Central-level Project Monitoring Unit (PMU) in DAC&FW registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- PMU, headed by the CEO, monitors the scheme and conducts Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) campaigns.
- Each State/UT appoints a Nodal Department for scheme implementation and coordination with the Central Government.
- States/UTs can establish dedicated PMUs at their level, funded by 0.125% of the transferred installment amount.
- Central Government covers PMU expenses, including field verification, stationary procurement, and publicity.
- States/UTs provide account details for credited Administrative Charges, determined by the volume of work and beneficiaries.
Implementation & Progress of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana has been implemented successfully across the country. The government has taken several steps to ensure the smooth functioning of the scheme:-
- Verification Process:- The government has put in place a robust verification process to authenticate the eligibility of farmers and prevent any misuse of the scheme.
- Continuous Updates:- The PM Kisan portal regularly updates the status of applications, installment transfers, and other relevant information.
- Outreach Programs:– The government conducts awareness campaigns and outreach programs to educate farmers about the scheme and assist them in the application process.
- Monitoring Mechanism:– A monitoring mechanism has been established to track the progress of the scheme and address any issues or grievances faced by farmers.
PM Kisan Selection Procedure
The selection of beneficiaries for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is done by the state governments and Union Territories. The government authorities rely on the land records to identify eligible farmers. The data is verified and cross-checked to ensure transparency and accuracy in the selection process. Once the beneficiaries are identified, their bank account details are collected for direct fund transfer.
The implementation of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana involves multiple steps to ensure the efficient delivery of financial assistance to the farmers. Here are the key steps involved:-
- The central government provides the funds to the state governments and Union Territories.
- The state governments and Union Territories identify the eligible beneficiaries based on the land records.
- The bank account details of the beneficiaries are collected and verified.
- The funds are transferred directly to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries in three equal installments.
- The beneficiaries can withdraw the funds from their bank accounts as per their requirements.
Benefits of PM Kisan 16th Installment
The benefits of this instalment are as follows:-
- The primary benefit of the PM Kisan 16th Installment is the financial assistance it provides to farmers. With the direct income support of Rs. 6,000, farmers can meet their agricultural expenses, purchase seeds, fertilizers, and other necessary inputs, and improve their overall productivity.
- By receiving the 16th installment, farmers can invest in modern farming techniques, machinery, and equipment. This, in turn, can lead to enhanced agricultural productivity, increased crop yield, and improved income for the farmers.
- This will make sure that timely support to farmers, especially during critical phases of agricultural activities such as sowing, cultivation, and harvesting. This financial assistance comes at a crucial time, enabling farmers to carry out their farming operations smoothly.
- It is focussing on empowering women farmers. The 16th installment provides financial support to women farmers, enabling them to take active participation in agriculture and contribute to the growth of the farming sector.
- With the financial assistance provided by the 16th installment, farmers can improve their standard of living. They can meet their household expenses, invest in education and healthcare, and provide a better future for their families.
- This will also help reduce the dependence of farmers on moneylenders and other informal sources of credit. By receiving direct income support, farmers can meet their financial needs without falling into the trap of high-interest loans.
- With the financial stability provided by the PM Kisan Yojana, farmers can make long-term investments in their agricultural activities. They can adopt modern farming techniques, invest in irrigation systems, and improve the overall infrastructure of their farms.
- This will play a crucial role in boosting the rural economy. The direct income support provided to farmers leads to increased purchasing power, which, in turn, stimulates demand for goods and services in rural areas.
- By providing financial assistance to small and marginal farmers, the PM Kisan Yojana contributes to poverty alleviation in rural areas. The 16th installment helps uplift farmers from the clutches of poverty and provides them with a stable source of income.
- The PM Kisan Yojana ensures social security for farmers by providing them with a reliable source of income. The PM Kisan 16th Installment acts as a safety net, protecting farmers from unforeseen circumstances such as crop failure, natural disasters, or market fluctuations.
Features of PM Kisan 16th Installment
The features of this instalment are as follows:-
- The PM Kisan 16th Installment brings an increase in financial assistance for farmers. Instead of the usual Rs. 2,000 per installment, eligible farmers will now receive Rs. 4,000 per installment. This increase in financial assistance will provide a significant boost to farmers’ income and help them meet their agricultural expenses more effectively.
- This will ensures timely disbursement of funds to eligible farmers. The government has put in place measures to expedite the process and ensure that farmers receive their financial assistance without any delays. This timely disbursement is crucial for farmers to plan and execute their agricultural activities efficiently.
- This scheme follows the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) model, which ensures that the financial assistance reaches the beneficiaries directly into their bank accounts. This eliminates any middlemen and ensures transparency in the system, reducing the chances of corruption and ensuring that farmers receive the full benefits they are entitled to.
- This installment focuses on simplifying the farmer registration process. The government has made efforts to streamline the registration process, making it easier for farmers to enroll and avail the benefits of the scheme. This simplification helps in expanding the reach of the scheme and ensures that more farmers can benefit from it.
- Aadhaar seeding is an important feature of the PM Kisan scheme. It helps in verifying the identity of the beneficiaries and ensures that the financial assistance reaches the intended farmers. The 16th installment emphasizes the importance of Aadhaar seeding and encourages farmers to link their Aadhaar numbers with their bank accounts to facilitate seamless fund transfers.
- The PM Kisan scheme provides an online application process, making it convenient for farmers to apply for the scheme. The 16th installment emphasizes the use of online platforms, enabling farmers to apply for the scheme from the comfort of their homes. This online application process saves time and effort for farmers, making it more accessible to a wider audience.
- This will introduces a dedicated helpline for farmers. This helpline serves as a support system for farmers, addressing their queries and concerns related to the scheme. The helpline provides assistance in the application process, Aadhaar seeding, and any other issues faced by farmers, ensuring a smooth experience for them.
- The government has launched increased awareness campaigns to ensure that farmers are well-informed about the PM Kisan scheme and its benefits. The 16th installment focuses on spreading awareness through various mediums, including television, radio, and social media. These campaigns aim to reach out to farmers across the country and encourage them to enroll in the scheme.
- This will emphasizes the importance of monitoring and evaluation of the scheme’s implementation. The government has put in place mechanisms to track the progress and impact of the scheme, ensuring that it is effectively reaching the intended beneficiaries.
- Ultimately, the PM Kisan 16th Installment aims to empower farmers by providing them with financial assistance and support. By boosting their income and addressing their concerns, the scheme enables farmers to invest in their agricultural activities, improve their productivity, and enhance their overall livelihoods.
PM Kisan 16th Installment Eligibility Criteria
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to apply online for this instalment:-
- The farmer should be a citizen of India.
- The farmer should own cultivable land.
- The land should be in the farmer’s name or the name of his/her spouse or children.
- The farmer should not be a beneficiary of any other central government scheme for farmers, such as the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana or the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
Some of the important documents required to apply online for this scheme are as follows:-
- Aadhaar Card
- Land Ownership Documents
- Bank Account Details
- Passport-sized Photographs
- Income Certificate
To Check PM Kisan 16th Installment
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to check installment status:-
- Visit and open the Official Website.
- The homepage will be displayed.
- On the homepage, click on the Know Your Status.
- A new page will be displayed.
- Fill out the form.
- Now click on the Get OTP button.
- Fill out the OTP.
- Then click on the Submit button.
- The relevant details will be displayed.
To Do Login
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to do login:-
- Open the official website.
- On the homepage, click on the Login button.
- The login form will be displayed.
- Fill out the form.
- Then click on the Login button.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to get contact details:-
- Go to the official website.
- On the homepage, click on the Contact Us link.
- The contact details will be displayed.
- Now see the details.
In case of queries and questions come to your mind regarding the PM Kisan 16th Installment, then you may contact this office address, Help desk no:-
- Office Address:-
- Department of Agriculture,
- Cooperation & Farmers Welfare,
- Krishi Bhawan,
- New Delhi-110001.
- Help desk No:- 011-24300606,155261