Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Apply Online & Application Form | Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Check Investment & Tenure | Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Check Features & Benefits | Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Check Interest Rate & Banks List | Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Check Eligibility & All Details |
The Central Government has launched the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, a savings scheme operated by the government to secure the future of daughters. It offers income tax exemption and higher interest rates to encourage people to invest. This scheme allows lump sum investments for a daughter’s education or marriage. One can apply online before the last date to get timely registration. One can check the required details.
Through this article, we will provide you with all types of information about the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2023 like purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features, important documents, etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process to apply online for this scheme. To get complete information about this scheme, read this article till the end.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
The Indian Government has launched the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana so that the applicants will be able to access this scheme. It requires opening an account before the daughter turns 10. The minimum investment is Rs. 250 and the maximum is Rs. 1.5 lakh. The money can be used for the daughter’s education or marriage. The government offers an interest rate of 7.6% on the investment.
The Government of India has launched the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao initiative. It provides tax exemption on investments made under this scheme. The account can be opened in authorized post offices or commercial branches. It can be operated until the daughter reaches the age of 21 or gets married after the age of 18.
Highlights Of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
The highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
|Name of the Scheme||Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana|
|Launched by||Central Government|
|Allotted Portal||Nsiindia Portal|
|Applicable to||Citizens of India|
|Objective||To provide financial security for girls under the age of 10 in India|
|Benefit||This will support girls’ education and marriage expenses|
|Beneficiary Category||Guardians of Girls|
|Age Limit||10 Years|
|Minimum Investment||Rs. 250/-|
|Maximum Investment||Rs. 1.50 Lakhs|
|Maturity Period||15 Years|
|Form of Benefit||Facilitation of Bank Accounts|
|Mode of application||Online or Offline|
|Last Date To Apply Online||Will be updated soon|
|Office Address||Office of the Director,|
National Savings Institute
Ministry of Finance (DEA) Govt. of India
Indian Council For Child Welfare
4,Deen Dayal Upadhayaya Marg,
|Email Id||[email protected]|
Objectives of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
The major objective of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is to encourage and promote the financial security and education of girls in India. It aims to provide tax exemptions and a savings platform for parents to save money for their daughters’ future education and marriage expenses. The scheme allows for easy and convenient digital deposits, eliminating the need for physical visits to the post office.
Another objective of launching the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is to provide financial security for girls under the age of 10 in India. The schemes allow guardians to open savings accounts for their girls, with a maximum deposit of Rs 1.5 lakh per year. The schemes aim to support girls’ education and marriage expenses, providing a secure future for them and their families.
The applicants will need to attain the beneficiary category for which the scheme has been launched. This scheme can only be undertaken by the residents who have attained the beneficiary category. The benefits of this scheme can be undertaken by the Citizens of India whose daughters are in the age limit of 10 years and can open their bank accounts in their names.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Premium Amount
The amount of premium that can be submitted is as follows:-
|Minimum Amount||Rs. 250/-|
|Maximum Amount||Rs. 1,50,000/-|
Applicable Interest Rate
This government scheme offers a lucrative interest rate of 7.6% on investments. It provides individuals with a great opportunity to grow their savings and earn passive income. With this reliable and secure investment option, investors can rest assured that their money is in safe hands, ensuring financial stability and confidence. Don’t miss out on this beneficial scheme!
Historical Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rates
The trend analysis of interest rates for this scheme is as follows:-
|Time Period||SSY Interest Rate (% annually)|
|April to June 2023 (Q1 FY 2023-24)||8|
|January to March 2023 (Q4 FY 2022-23)||7.6|
|October to December 2022 (Q3 FY 2022-23)||7.6|
|Jul to Sep 2022 (Q2 FY 2022-23)||7.6|
|Apr to Jun 2022 (Q1 FY 2022-23)||7.6|
|Jan to Mar 2022 (Q4 FY 2021-22)||7.6|
|Oct to Dec 2021 (Q3 FY 2021-22)||7.6|
|Jul to Sep 2021 (Q2 FY 2021-22)||7.6|
|Apr to Jun 2021 (Q1 FY 2021-22)||7.6|
|Jan to March 2021 (Q4 FY 2020-21)||7.6|
|Oct to Dec 2020 (Q3 FY 2020-21)||7.6|
|Jul to Sep 2020 (Q2 FY 2020-21)||7.6|
|Apr to Jun 2020 (Q1 FY 2020-21)||7.6|
|Jan to March (Q4 FY 2019-20)||8.4|
|Oct to Dec 2019 (Q3 FY 2019-20)||8.4|
|Jul to Sep 2019 (Q2 FY 2019-20)||8.4|
|Apr to Jun 2019 (Q1 FY 2019-20)||8.5|
|Jan to March 2019 (Q4 FY 2018-19)||8.5|
|Oct to Dec 2018 (Q3 FY 2018-19)||8.5|
|Jul to Sep 2018 (Q2 FY 2018-19)||8.1|
|Apr to Jun 2018 (Q1 FY 2018-19)||8.1|
|Jan to March 2018 (Q4 FY 2017-18)||8.1|
|Oct to Dec 2017 (Q3 FY 2017-18)||8.3|
|Jul to Sep 2017 (Q2 FY 2017-18)||8.3|
|Apr to Jun 2017 (Q1 FY 2017-18)||8.4|
Education & Marriage Savings for Girls
The Sukanya Samriddhi Account is a government-backed savings scheme for the welfare of girl children in India. It can be used until the daughter reaches the age of 21 or gets married after turning 18. From the age of 18, half the money deposited in the account can be withdrawn for the purpose of her education.
Tax Benefits for SSY Investments
The Income Tax Act allows for tax deduction on investments made in the SSY scheme, up to a maximum of 1.5 lakh. The scheme provides annual interest on the investment, which is not taxable. Parents or legal guardians of the girl child can claim the tax exemption. Only one person can claim the exemption under section 80C.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Empanelled Banks
The list of empanelled banks is as follows:-
- Allahabad Bank
- State Bank Of India (SBI)
- Axis Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank Of Maharashtra (BOM)
- Bank Of India (BOI)
- Corporation Bank
- Central Bank Of India (CBI)
- Canara Bank
- Dena Bank
- Bank Of Baroda (BOB)
- State Bank Of Patiala (SBP)
- State Bank Of Mysore (SBM)
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)
- Indian Bank
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- IDBI Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- State Bank Of Bikaner And Jaipur (SBBJ)
- State Bank Of Travancore (SBT)
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce (OBC)
- State Bank Of Hyderabad (SBH)
- Punjab And Sind Bank (PSB)
- Union Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- United Bank Of India
- Vijay Bank
Multiple Sukanya Samriddhi Accounts for Girls in Special Cases
In special cases, more than two Sukanya Samriddhi Accounts can be opened for girls. This includes scenarios where a girl is born before twin or triplet girls, or if triplets are born first. However, if a girl is born after twin or triplet girls, a third account cannot be opened. But before this, only one bank account is allowed to open.
Some important instructions issued for students are as follows:-
- The Finance Ministry has issued a notification stating that it is now mandatory to provide your Aadhaar number and PAN when opening a new Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) account.
- If you don’t have an Aadhaar number yet, you must provide proof that you have applied for one, or provide your enrollment ID. You will then need to furnish your Aadhaar number to the accounts office within 6 months of opening the account.
- If you already have an existing SSY account but haven’t submitted your Aadhaar number, you must do so within 6 months from 1st April 2023.
- Additionally, if you didn’t provide your PAN number when opening the account, you must submit it within a period of 2 months from the date of certain events. These events include having a balance of more than Rs. 50,000 in the account at any point in time, having credits exceeding Rs. 1 Lakh in a financial year, or having withdrawals and transfers exceeding Rs. 10,000 in a month.
- If you fail to submit your Aadhaar number within 6 months or your PAN number within 2 months, your account will become inoperational until you provide the necessary information to the accounts office.
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) is a government-backed scheme that provides guaranteed returns. This means that investors can be assured of earning a certain amount of money on their investment. Citizens can get some assurance from this statement that they will be able to get or receive returns after investing a premium amount in the bank account.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Flexible Investment
The SSY scheme allows for flexible investment options. Investors can make a minimum deposit of Rs. 250 in a year, making it accessible to people with different financial standing. Additionally, they can also make a maximum deposit of Rs. 1.5 lakh in a year, allowing for higher returns. So this can be proven a flexible investment option among investors.
Benefit of Compounding
The SSY scheme is a great option for long-term investments due to the benefit of annual compounding. This means that even small investments can generate higher returns over time. With compounding, the interest earned on the initial investment is reinvested, leading to exponential growth. So this can be the major benefit of compounding.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Convenient Transfer
One of the advantages of the SSY scheme is the ability to freely transfer the account from one part of the country to another. This can be useful in cases where the parent or guardian operating the account needs to relocate. The transfer can be done between a bank and a post office, ensuring convenience for the account holder.
Encouraging Early Financial Awareness
By empowering daughters with bank accounts from an early age, we instill a sense of financial responsibility and awareness. They learn valuable skills like budgeting, saving, and understanding the importance of financial independence. These foundational financial habits lay the groundwork for future financial success.
Promoting Gender Equality
This scheme for daughters at age 10 promotes gender equality by creating equal opportunities for girls to develop financial literacy. By emphasizing the importance of banking access for girls, societies can challenge traditional gender norms and foster a more equitable future. This will also forbid gender inequality.
Enhancing Educational Opportunities
Providing bank accounts to 10-year-old daughters can enhance their access to various educational opportunities. A bank account enables parents to save for their daughters’ education, reducing financial barriers to quality schooling. This empowers young girls with the tools they need to pursue higher education and expand their horizons.
Building Savings for Future Investments
Through this scheme, daughters can begin saving for future investments as early as 10 years old. These savings can be utilized for higher education, professional training, or starting businesses. Such early exposure to wealth accumulation encourages financial stability and contributes to the nation’s economic growth.
Fostering Entrepreneurial Mindsets
With access to bank accounts, daughters can explore entrepreneurship and develop innovative ideas. By inculcating a spirit of entrepreneurship from a young age, we can create a generation of financially independent individuals who actively contribute to the nation’s economic development. This will also create or generate employment opportunities for others.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Tenure/Maturity Period
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana has a tenure that is equal to the time the girl child is 21 years old or upon her marriage after attaining the age of 18 years. However, contributions only need to be made for 15 years. After this period, the SSY account continues to earn interest until maturity, even if no further deposits are made.
Premature Closure of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account
The premature Closure of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account can be done in the below-mentioned cases:-
- Premature closure of the SSY account can only be done by the girl child when she turns 18 and needs the money for marriage expenses.
- There are special cases where the account can be closed and money is withdrawn.
- If the girl child passes away, her parents or legal guardian can claim the final amount and interest.
- The account can also be closed if the depository is unable to continue it or if the contributor is facing financial stress, with permission from competent authorities.
Benefits Of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
The benefits of this scheme are as follows:-
- This scheme has been launched under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme, emphasizing the importance of saving for the girl child’s future.
- The account can be opened in any authorized branch of the post office or commercial branch.
- The account can be operated till the daughter attains the age of 21 years or until she gets married after the age of 18 years.
- 50% of the amount can be withdrawn after the age of 18 for the higher education of the daughter.
- Money can now be deposited in the account through the digital savings account service in the post office, eliminating the need to visit the post office in person.
- Account holders can transfer money through their mobile devices, making it convenient and hassle-free.
- This scheme provides a secure savings option specifically tailored for the future education and marriage expenses of the girl child.
- By offering a digital account and convenient banking services, this scheme promotes financial inclusion
- This will also encourage more people to save for their daughters’ future.
Features Of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
The features of this scheme are as follows:-
- The Central Government has launched the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.
- The account can be opened in the name of a girl child until she reaches the age of 10 years.
- Only one account can be opened for a girl child.
- Accounts can be opened in Post Offices or notified branches of commercial banks.
- The birth certificate of the girl child must be produced and submitted at the time of opening the account.
- Minimum deposit amount of Rs. 250 and subsequent deposits in multiples of Rs. 50.
- Deposits can be made until completion of 14 years from the date of opening the account.
- A minimum deposit of Rs. 250 must be made per financial year.
- Interest is calculated on a yearly compounded basis and credited to the account.
- A maximum deposit limit of Rs. 1,50,000 per financial year can be made.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Eligibility Criteria
The applicants will need to attain the below-mentioned points to apply online for this scheme:-
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The father must open a bank account for his daughter in the age group of 10 years.
- A maximum of 2 bank accounts of girls can be opened by a single family.
Some of the important documents required to apply online for this scheme are as follows:-
- Aadhar Card
- Residence Certificate
- Girl Child Birth Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Educational Certificates
- Bank Account Details
- Latest Passport Photos
- Mobile No
- Email ID
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Apply Online
As this scheme has been recently launched no such information has been released with the help of various social networking sites regarding the application procedure to apply online for the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. Whenever the application procedure is launched, we will update you through this article otherwise, the applicant can visit the Official Website.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Apply Offline
The applicants will need to attain the below-mentioned points to apply offline for this scheme:-
- Visit either the bank or the Post Office where you want to open an SSY (Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana) account.
- Fill out an application form with all the necessary information and attach any required supporting documents.
- Pay your first deposit in cash, check, or demand draught. The amount can be anywhere between Rs.250 and Rs.1.5 lakh.
- The bank or Post Office will process your application and payment.
- Once processed, your SSY account will be activated.
- You will be provided with a passbook.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to get contact details:-
- The applicant will need first to visit the official website.
- The homepage will be displayed on your screen.
- Now you will need to click on the Contact Us link.
- The contact details will be displayed on the screen.
In case queries and questions come to your mind regarding the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, then you may contact this mentioned office address, & email ID:-
- Office Address:-
- Office of the Director,
- National Savings Institute
- Ministry of Finance (DEA) Govt. of India
- 1st Floor,
- Indian Council For Child Welfare.
- 4,Deen Dayal Upadhayaya Marg,
- New Delhi-110002
- Email ID:– [email protected]