Labour Card Apply Online & Registration Form | Labour Card Check Age Limit & Last Date | Labour Card Check Features & Benefits | Labour Card Check Status & Documents | Labour Card Check Eligibility & All Details |
The Central Government has launched the Labour Card so that the workers working in the labor communities will be able to carry out financial help and support offered after availing of this card. This card can only be availed by citizens who are laborers working in different areas of work. One can apply online before the last date for getting timely registration.
Through this article, we will provide you with all types of information about the Labour Card 2024 like purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features, important documents, etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process to apply online for this card. To get complete information about this card, read this article till the end.
The Prime Minister of India has launched the Labour card that is given to workers in India who don’t have regular jobs. It helps them get benefits and support from the government. These workers could be construction workers, factory workers, street vendors, and others. The card proves who they are and can help them get discounted healthcare, insurance, money for education and housing, and more.
In India, many people depend on farming and daily work to make a living. Their government has given them a special card called a Labour Card to help them and their families. This card helps them get different services and support, like safety, education, and protection. It is like an ID card that takes care of the needs of workers.
Highlights of Labour Card
The highlights of this card are as follows:-
|Name Of The Card
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
Ministry of Labour and Employment
|To promote financial inclusion among the unorganized sector workers
|Laborers will be able to get social security provisions
|Citizens of India
|18 to 40 Years
|Monthly Income Slabs
|Labour Card Types
|Building & Social Card
|Mode Of Transfer
|DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
|Form of Benefit
|Provision of Labour Cards
|National Information Center (NIC)
|Mode Of Application
Objectives of Labour Card
The major objectives of launching the Labour Cards were to provide an efficient and transparent system for managing and disbursing social security benefits to the unorganized sector workers. These workers, such as daily wage labourers and self-employed individuals, often face challenges in accessing their rightful benefits due to the lack of formal documentation.
Another objective of launching the Labour Card is to promote financial inclusion among the unorganized sector workers. With the card, workers can now open bank accounts and access formal financial services, which were previously unavailable to them. This not only helps in providing a secure channel for their payments but also allows them to save, invest, and manage their finances more effectively.
The list of eligible beneficiaries is as follows:-
- Migrant workers
- Daily wage labourers
- Construction workers
- Domestic workers
- Factory workers
- Agricultural labourers
- Transport workers
- Street vendors and hawkers
The list of ineligible beneficiaries is as follows:-
- Children below a certain age
- Government employees
- Professionals & skilled workers
Labour Card Age Limit
The applicable age limits are as follows:-
|Minimum Age Limit
|Maximum Age Limit
Labour Card Types
There are 2 types of labour cards as per follows:-
- Building Card:– If you work on construction projects and your boss has a license, you can get a building card. This card gives you lots of great benefits.
- Social Card:– If you work in farming or non-construction jobs, you can get a social card. This card helps you get benefits from your health insurance.
Monthly Income Slabs
The monthly income of the applicant who is going to apply online for this scheme will also be taken into consideration because it can only be the monthly income slabs that can define the financial stability of the applicant whether he genuinely wants help from the government or not. The monthly income of the applicant must not exceed Rs. 15,000/-.
Identification & Authentication of Workers
The e Shramik or Labour Card serves as a means to identify and authenticate workers in various industries. This helps in ensuring that workers receive their rightful wages and benefits without any fraudulent activity. It also helps employers accurately verify the identity and credentials of workers, leading to a more efficient and secure labour ecosystem.
Easy Access to Various Welfare Schemes
By having this card, workers gain easy access to various welfare schemes and benefits provided by the government. This includes schemes such as healthcare, insurance, skill development, and financial assistance. The card acts as proof of eligibility, enabling workers to avail of these benefits without any hassle or unnecessary paperwork.
Labour Card Improved Mobility
The Labour Card ensures improved mobility and portability of social security benefits. Workers can easily migrate from one place to another without losing the benefits they are entitled to. This enables workers to seek better job opportunities and contribute to the economy, while still receiving the benefits they deserve.
Facilitation of Grievance Redressal
The Labour Card plays a crucial role in facilitating grievance redressal and dispute resolution. In case of any conflicts or issues related to wages, working conditions, or any other labour-related matter, workers can use the card as proof of their employment and lodge complaints or seek resolution through proper channels. This ensures a fair and transparent system for addressing labour grievances.
Enhancement of Transparency & Accountability
One of the key advantages of this card is that it enhances transparency and accountability in the labour ecosystem. With all the relevant information of the workers digitized and accessible to the concerned authorities, it becomes easier to monitor and regulate labour practices. This helps in curbing exploitation, reducing corruption, and ensuring fair and ethical treatment of workers.
Benefits Of Labour Card
The benefits of this card are as follows:-
- Labour will be able to get access to various social security welfare schemes.
- Financial help and support will be provided or awarded to the labourers.
- This will provide social security welfare to the labour communities.
- With the help of this card, the government will be able to provide transparency and accountability in the system of labour work.
- The applicants will be advised to apply online before the last date for timely registration.
- There will be a formation of a secure labour ecosystem.
Features Of Labour Card
The features of this card are as follows:-
- Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi Ji has launched the Labour Card.
- The Ministry of Labour and Employment is a delegated department for the implementation of this card.
- This card can only be availed by labourers working in different areas of work.
- The age limit for these labourers will be 18 to 40 years.
- There are around 28,97,07,918 cards that have been issued.
- For getting more information, one can visit the official website.
Labour Card Eligibility Criteria
The applicants will need to attain the below-mentioned eligibility criteria to apply online for this scheme:-
- The applicant must be an Indian national.
- He or she must be a labourer.
- The age limit must be 18 to 40 years.
- The monthly income slabs must be Rs. 15,000/-.
Some of the important documents required to apply online for this card are as follows:-
- Aadhaar card
- Aadhaar card number of family members
- Ration card (optional)
- Bank account number
- Email ID
- Mobile number
- Passport size photographs
Labour Card Apply Online
The applicants will need to click on the below-mentioned links to apply online for this card:-
|Jammu & Kashmir
|Andaman & Nicobar
|Dadar & Nagar Haveli
Tracking Application Status
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to track the application status of the Labour Card:-
- Go to the official website’s homepage.
- Look for the Services section.
- Find the option to track your application and click on it.
- Fill in the required details shown on the page.
- Choose the department from a drop-down menu.
- Select the type of application you applied for.
- Enter the application number.
- Type in the name of the labour cardholder or applicant.
- Click on the search button.
- A new page will open with the application details.
- Check the status of your application in the table format.
- You can see if the card has been delivered or if it is still under process.