Mahtari Vandan Yojana Apply Online & Application Form | Mahtari Vandan Yojana Check Beneficiary Category & Last Date | Mahtari Vandan Yojana Check Key Guidelines & Selection Procedure | Mahtari Vandan Yojana Check Benefits & Features | Mahtari Vandan Yojana Check Eligibility & All Details |
The Mahtari Vandan Yojana is implemented by the Ministry of Women and Child Development in collaboration with the National Health Mission. It is a part of the government’s efforts to improve maternal and child health outcomes and reduce maternal and infant mortality rates across the country. The applicants will need to apply online before the last date to get timely registration.
This article will provide you with all types of information about the Mahtari Vandan Yojana 2024 like purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features, important documents, etc. Apart from this, we will share the process to apply online for this scheme. To get complete information about this scheme, read this article till the end.
Mahtari Vandan Yojana
The Mahtari Vandan Yojana is a government initiative aimed at providing financial support to pregnant and lactating women in India. The scheme, which was launched in 2018, aims to ensure that every expectant mother and new mother receives the care and support she needs during this crucial phase of her life. By providing financial support and access to essential healthcare services, the scheme aims to empower women and ensure a healthier future for the nation.
Under the Mahtari Vandan Yojana, eligible women are provided with a cash incentive of Rs. 5,000 in three installments. The first installment is given upon registration of pregnancy, the second installment is provided after at least one antenatal check-up, and the third installment is given after the child’s birth and completion of the first round of immunizations. This financial assistance is intended to help women meet their nutritional needs and access essential healthcare services.
Highlights of Mahtari Vandan Yojana
The highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scheme
|Mahtari Vandan Yojana
|State Government of Chattisgarh
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
|Will be updated soon
|To reduce maternal and infant mortality rates
|This will promote the overall well-being of mothers and children
|Citizens of Chattisgarh
|Pregnant & Lactating Women
|18 to 60 Years
|Annual Income Limit
|As Per Guidelines
|Mode Of Transfer
|DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
|Form of Benefit
|Social Welfare Services
|Amount of benefit
|State Government Scheme
|As Per Guidelines
|Last Date To Apply Online
|Will be Updated Soon
|National Information Center (NIC)
|Mode Of Application
|Will be updated soon
Objectives of Mahtari Vandan Yojana
The primary objectives of the Mahtari Vandan Yojana are:-
- To reduce maternal and infant mortality rates by ensuring that pregnant and lactating women receive adequate healthcare and nutrition.
- To encourage women to seek timely antenatal and postnatal care, thereby improving maternal and child health outcomes.
- To provide financial support to women from disadvantaged backgrounds to help them meet their healthcare and nutritional needs during pregnancy and lactation.
- To promote the overall well-being of mothers and children by ensuring access to essential healthcare services and immunizations.
Mahtari Vandan Yojana Beneficiary Category
The Mahtari Vandan Yojana is targeted towards pregnant and lactating women in India. The scheme covers women from all states and union territories, regardless of their socioeconomic background. The primary focus is on women from disadvantaged communities who may face additional challenges in accessing healthcare and nutrition services.
Application Enrollment Last Dates & Selection Procedure
- The enrollment for the Mahtari Vandan Yojana can be done through the nearest Anganwadi center or health facility. The last dates for enrollment vary by state and are announced by the respective state governments. It is important for eligible women to enroll as early as possible to ensure timely access to the benefits of the scheme.
- The selection procedure for the scheme is based on the fulfillment of eligibility criteria, which include age, residency, and proof of pregnancy or lactation. Once the application is submitted, it is verified by the concerned authorities, and upon successful verification, the beneficiary is enrolled in the scheme.
The implementation of the Mahtari Vandan Yojana involves collaboration between various stakeholders, including the Ministry of Women and Child Development, the National Health Mission, and the state governments. The scheme is implemented through the existing healthcare infrastructure, including Anganwadi centers and health facilities.Efforts are made to raise awareness about the scheme among eligible women through community mobilization and outreach programs. The beneficiaries are provided with the necessary information and support to ensure they receive the benefits of the scheme in a timely manner.
The implementation of the Mahtari Vandan Yojana is supervised by the Ministry of Women and Child Development at the central level. At the state level, the respective state governments are responsible for the effective implementation of the scheme. Regular monitoring and evaluation are conducted to ensure the smooth functioning of the scheme and to address any issues or challenges that may arise.
Here are ten key guidelines regarding this scheme:-
- Eligible women should enroll as early as possible to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- Proof of pregnancy or lactation is required for enrollment.
- The cash incentive of Rs. 5,000 is provided in three installments.
- At least one antenatal check-up is required to receive the second installment.
- The third installment is given after the child’s birth and completion of the first round of immunizations.
- The scheme covers women from all states and union territories in India.
- Efforts are made to reach out to women from disadvantaged communities.
- The scheme aims to improve maternal and child health outcomes and reduce mortality rates.
- The implementation involves collaboration between various stakeholders.
- Regular monitoring and evaluation are conducted to ensure effective implementation.
Under the Mahtari Vandan Yojana, pregnant women can avail financial assistance for delivery expenses. This ensures that expectant mothers have access to quality healthcare services without worrying about the financial burden. The scheme covers both institutional deliveries and home deliveries, promoting safe childbirth practices.
Postnatal care is crucial for the well-being of both the mother and the newborn. Through the Mahtari Vandan Yojana, new mothers receive postnatal care services, including regular check-ups, immunizations, and nutrition counseling. This ensures that they recover well after childbirth and are equipped with the knowledge to provide optimal care for their infants.
Jnani Suraksha Card
The Jnani Suraksha Card is an essential component of the Mahtari Vandan Yojana. It is a health card issued to pregnant women, providing them with access to free healthcare services. This card acts as an identification document and helps in easy registration for the scheme. It also promotes health awareness among pregnant women and encourages them to seek timely medical assistance.
The Mahtari Vandan Yojana simplifies the registration process for pregnant women. They can easily register for the scheme through the Jnani Suraksha Card or by visiting the nearest health center. The government aims to ensure that every eligible woman is registered under the scheme to avail the benefits and receive timely healthcare services.
Health awareness plays a crucial role in promoting maternal and child health. The Mahtari Vandan Yojana focuses on creating awareness among pregnant women about the importance of regular check-ups, proper nutrition, and immunizations. This empowers women to make informed decisions regarding their health and the health of their newborns.
Transportation can often be a barrier for pregnant women in accessing healthcare facilities. To address this issue, the Mahtari Vandan Yojana provides a transportation allowance to pregnant women. This financial assistance helps them cover the costs of traveling to healthcare centers for check-ups, delivery, and postnatal care.
Regular health check-ups during pregnancy are essential for monitoring the well-being of both the mother and the baby. The Mahtari Vandan Yojana ensures that pregnant women have access to free health check-ups at designated healthcare centers. These check-ups include various diagnostic tests, ensuring early detection and timely management of any potential health issues.
Benefits of Mahtari Vandan Yojana
The benefits of this scheme are as follows:-
- Financial Assistance: Under this scheme, eligible women receive a cash incentive of Rs. 5,000 in three installments during pregnancy and after childbirth.
- Improved Nutrition: The scheme promotes better nutrition by providing supplementary food to pregnant women and lactating mothers.
- Health Check-ups: Regular health check-ups are conducted to monitor the health of pregnant women and ensure early detection of any complications.
- Transportation Allowance: To encourage institutional deliveries, the scheme provides a transportation allowance to cover the cost of reaching the healthcare facility.
- Janani Suraksha Card: Every beneficiary under this scheme is issued a Janani Suraksha Card, which helps in tracking the health of the mother and child.
- Maternity Benefit Program: The Mahtari Vandan Yojana is linked to the Maternity Benefit Program, which provides additional financial support to pregnant women.
- Reduced Infant Mortality Rate: By ensuring proper antenatal and postnatal care, the scheme aims to reduce the infant mortality rate in the country.
- Empowerment of Women: The scheme empowers women by providing them with financial support and access to healthcare services.
- Increased Institutional Deliveries: The scheme encourages women to opt for institutional deliveries, which ensures a safer and healthier childbirth process.
- Health Awareness: Through various awareness campaigns, the scheme promotes health education and encourages women to adopt healthy practices.
Features of Mahtari Vandan Yojana
The features of this scheme are as follows:-
- Financial Assistance: Under this scheme, pregnant women are provided with a financial assistance of Rs. 6,000 in three installments.
- Antenatal Care: The scheme covers the cost of antenatal care, which includes regular check-ups, tests, and medications.
- Delivery Expenses: The scheme also covers the expenses related to delivery, including hospitalization, medicines, and transportation.
- Postnatal Care: After delivery, the scheme extends its support by covering the cost of postnatal care, including check-ups and medications.
- High-Risk Pregnancy: Pregnant women with high-risk pregnancies are given additional financial assistance of Rs. 1,000 for every installment.
- Janani Suraksha Card: Women availing the benefits of this scheme are provided with a Janani Suraksha Card, which helps in tracking their medical history.
- Easy Registration: The registration process for this scheme is simple and can be done through various channels, including online portals and government health centers.
- Universal Coverage: The scheme covers all pregnant women, regardless of their socio-economic background.
- Direct Benefit Transfer: The financial assistance is directly transferred to the bank account of the pregnant woman, ensuring transparency and eliminating middlemen.
- Awareness Programs: The government conducts awareness programs to educate pregnant women about the benefits of this scheme and how to avail them.
Mahtari Vandan Yojana Eligibility Criteria
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to apply online for this scheme :-
- Residency: The woman should be a resident of India and possess a valid proof of residence.
- Pregnancy: The scheme is applicable only for the first two live births.
- Age: The pregnant woman should be 19 years of age or above.
- Income: The scheme is targeted towards women from economically weaker sections. The annual income of the woman’s family should be less than the specified limit set by the government.
- Registration: The woman must register herself for the scheme at the nearest government health center or hospital.
Some of the important documents required to apply online for this scheme are as follows:-
- Aadhar Card
- Residence Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Educational Certificates
- Bank Account Details
- Latest Passport Size Photos
- Mobile No
- Email ID
Mahtari Vandan Yojana Apply Online
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has recently formed the government in Chhattisgarh and will soon launch the online portal for Mahtari Vandana Yojana. To apply, interested individuals can visit the official website and click on the citizen link to fill out the application form. The Chhattisgarh State Government will make the form available both online and offline, ensuring accessibility for all. Stay tuned for updates on the official launch and application process.
Mahtari Vandan Yojana: Top 10 FAQs
1. What is the MMahtari Vandan Yojana?
The MMahtari Vandan Yojana is a government initiative aimed at providing financial assistance to pregnant women and lactating mothers. It was launched to ensure the well-being of both the mother and the child by providing them with necessary support during this critical phase.
2. Who is eligible for the MMahtari Vandan Yojana?
All pregnant women and lactating mothers, excluding those who are in regular employment with the central or state government, are eligible for the MMahtari Vandan Yojana. The scheme covers the first live birth of the woman and provides benefits up to two children.
3. What are the benefits provided under the MMahtari Vandan Yojana?
Under the MMahtari Vandan Yojana, eligible women receive financial assistance of Rs. 5,000 in three installments. The first installment of Rs. 1,500 is provided during the early stages of pregnancy, the second installment of Rs. 2,000 is given after the child’s birth, and the final installment of Rs. 1,500 is provided after the child receives all the necessary vaccinations.
4. How can one apply for the MMahtari Vandan Yojana?
To apply for the MMahtari Vandan Yojana, eligible women can visit the nearest Anganwadi center or health facility and fill out the necessary application form. The form requires basic details such as the woman’s name, age, address, and bank account details for the transfer of funds.
5. Is there any age limit to avail the benefits of the MMahtari Vandan Yojana?
There is no age limit to avail the benefits of the MMahtari Vandan Yojana. Any pregnant woman or lactating mother, irrespective of her age, can apply for the scheme and receive the financial assistance.
6. Can a woman receive benefits from other government schemes along with MMahtari Vandan Yojana?
Yes, a woman can receive benefits from other government schemes along with the MMahtari Vandan Yojana. The scheme is designed to complement existing welfare programs and provide additional support to pregnant women and lactating mothers.
7. Are there any conditions attached to the MMahtari Vandan Yojana?
Yes, there are a few conditions attached to the MMahtari Vandan Yojana. The woman should be a resident of India and should not be a regular employee of the central or state government. The scheme covers the first live birth of the woman and provides benefits up to two children.
8. How is the financial assistance provided under the MMahtari Vandan Yojana?
The financial assistance under the MMahtari Vandan Yojana is provided directly to the bank account of the eligible woman. The funds are transferred in three installments as per the scheme guidelines.
9. Is there any provision for monitoring the implementation of the MMahtari Vandan Yojana?
Yes, there is a provision for monitoring the implementation of the MMahtari Vandan Yojana. Regular monitoring and evaluation are conducted to ensure that the benefits reach the intended beneficiaries and the scheme is implemented effectively.
10. What is the objective of the MMahtari Vandan Yojana?
The main objective of the MMahtari Vandan Yojana is to provide financial assistance to pregnant women and lactating mothers, thereby ensuring their well-being and that of their children. The scheme aims to reduce maternal and infant mortality rates and promote the overall health and development of women and children in India.