PM FME Scheme Apply Online & Application Form | PM FME Scheme Check Eligible Beneficiaries & Organizations | PM FME Scheme Check Selection Procedure & Last Date | PM FME Scheme Check Benefits & Features | PM FME Scheme Check Eligibility & All Details |
The Prime Minister’s Formalization of Micro Food Processing Enterprises (PM FME) Scheme is a flagship initiative by the Government of India aimed at boosting the food processing industry. Launched in June 2020, this scheme seeks to provide financial and technical support to micro-food processing enterprises across the country. The PM FME Scheme aims to achieve multiple objectives that contribute to the growth and development of the food processing industry.
This article will provide you with all types of information about the PM FME Scheme 2024 like purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features, important documents, etc. Apart from this, we will share the process to apply online for this scheme. To get complete information about this scheme, read this article till the end.
PM FME Scheme
Under the PM FME Scheme, micro food processing units will be assisted in various aspects such as capacity building, branding, marketing, and improving the quality of their products. This initiative is expected to enhance the competitiveness of these enterprises and create employment opportunities in rural areas. The scheme aims to create a vibrant ecosystem that fosters entrepreneurship, employment, and economic development by supporting micro food processing enterprises.
The PM FME Scheme is implemented by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) in collaboration with state governments and other stakeholders. It is a significant step towards realizing the vision of an Atmanirbhar Bharat (self-reliant India) by empowering small-scale food processors and promoting the development of local food processing clusters. The PM FME Scheme is a transformative initiative that holds immense potential for the growth of the food processing industry in India.
Highlights of PM FME Scheme
The highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
|Name Of The Portal
|PM FME Scheme
|Ministry of Food Processing Industries
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
Ministry of Food Processing Industries
|To formalize the operations of micro-food processing enterprises
|There will be an adoption of quality standards
|Citizens of India
|FPO, ODOP, SHGs, etc
|Form of Benefit
|Formalization of the operations of MSMEs
|National Information Center (NIC)
|Mode Of Application
|Last Date To Apply Online
|Will be updated soon
|PMFME Division (MoFPI)
West Block-1(Opposite Sewa Bhawan),
Objectives of PM FME Scheme
The major objectives of this scheme are as follows:-
- Formalization: The scheme aims to formalize the operations of micro food processing enterprises, enabling them to access credit, technology, and markets more easily.
- Capacity Building: It focuses on enhancing the skills and capabilities of entrepreneurs and workers in the food processing sector through training and skill development programs.
- Branding and Marketing: The scheme provides support for branding and marketing activities to improve the visibility and market reach of micro food processing units.
- Infrastructure Development: It promotes the creation of common infrastructure facilities such as processing centres, cold storage, and packaging units to improve the efficiency and quality of food processing.
- Quality Assurance: The scheme emphasizes the adoption of quality standards and certifications to enhance the competitiveness of micro-food processing enterprises in domestic and international markets.
Top 10 Visions of PM FME Scheme
The top 10 visions of this scheme are as follows:-
- Financial Assistance:- The PM FME Scheme envisions providing financial assistance to micro food processing enterprises to upgrade their technology, infrastructure, and marketing capabilities. This assistance will enable these enterprises to improve their productivity, quality, and market reach.
- Capacity Building:- Another key vision of the PM FME Scheme is to enhance the technical and entrepreneurial skills of the individuals involved in micro food processing enterprises. This will be achieved through training programs, workshops, and skill development initiatives, empowering them to run their businesses more efficiently.
- Market Access:- The scheme aims to facilitate market access for micro food processing enterprises by connecting them with potential buyers, both domestic and international. This will help these enterprises expand their customer base and increase their revenue.
- Branding and Marketing Support:- Under the PM FME Scheme, branding and marketing support will be provided to micro food processing enterprises to help them build a strong brand identity and effectively promote their products. This will enable them to compete in the market and increase their market share.
- Infrastructure Development:- The scheme focuses on developing and upgrading infrastructure facilities for micro food processing enterprises, including cold storage, packaging units, and processing centres. This will improve the efficiency and quality of their operations and enable them to meet the growing demand for processed food products.
- Technology Upgradation:- The PM FME Scheme aims to encourage and support the adoption of modern technology and equipment by micro food processing enterprises. This will help them improve their production processes, reduce wastage, and enhance the overall quality of their products.
- Employment Generation:-One of the key visions of the PM FME Scheme is to create employment opportunities, particularly in rural areas, by promoting the establishment and growth of micro food processing enterprises. This will not only generate income for individuals but also contribute to the overall economic development of the country.
- Quality Assurance:- The scheme emphasizes the importance of quality assurance in the food processing industry. It aims to enhance the quality standards of micro-food processing enterprises by providing them with the necessary guidance, training, and support to meet the regulatory requirements and ensure consumer safety.
- Sustainable Development:- The PM FME Scheme promotes sustainable development by encouraging the adoption of eco-friendly practices in micro food processing enterprises. This includes the use of renewable energy sources, waste management, and sustainable packaging solutions, contributing to the overall conservation of resources and reduction of environmental impact.
- Inclusive Growth:-The scheme aims to promote inclusive growth by ensuring the participation of women, SC/ST communities, and other marginalized sections of society in the micro food processing sector. It provides special incentives and support to encourage their active involvement and empower them economically.
The list of eligible beneficiaries is as follows:-
- Farmer Producer Organization(FPO)
- Self Help Groups
- Existing Micro Food Processing Entrepreneurs
- New Units, whether for individuals or groups would only be supported for One District One Product (ODOP)
The list of eligible organizations are as follows:-
- FPO(Farmer Producer Organization)
- FPCs (Farmer Producer Companies)
- Co-op (Cooperatives)
- Self Help Groups (SHGs) /and its federation
- Govt. agencies.
This scheme primarily targets micro food processing enterprises, which are defined as units with a maximum investment of Rs. 10 lakh in machinery and equipment. These enterprises can be owned by individuals, self-help groups, cooperatives, or companies. So this will be the beneficiary category that needed to be taken into consideration by the applicant.
PM FME Scheme Last Date
The enrollment for this scheme is open throughout the year. Interested micro food processing enterprises can apply online through the official website of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries or through designated government portals. So the applicants will also have to wait for more time to know the last date.
PM FME Scheme Selection Procedure
The selection of beneficiaries of this scheme is carried out through a transparent and objective process. The applications received are evaluated based on predefined criteria, including the viability of the enterprise, potential for growth, and alignment with the scheme’s objectives. So these parameters will be taken into consideration whenever the selection procedure will be initiated.
Once selected, the micro food processing enterprises receive financial assistance in the form of grants and subsidies for various activities such as skill development, technology upgradation, marketing, and infrastructure development. The implementation of the scheme is monitored by designated authorities at the central and state levels. So this implementation procedure will be carried out.
This scheme is supervised by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) at the central level. The ministry works in coordination with state governments, industry associations, and other stakeholders to ensure effective implementation and monitoring of the scheme. So this will be the supervision body that will be held responsible for carrying out the supervision work.
Here are ten key guidelines to keep in mind for micro food processing enterprises applying for this scheme:-
- Ensure compliance with food safety and quality standards.
- Focus on product diversification and value addition.
- Adopt sustainable and environmentally friendly practices.
- Leverage technology for process optimization and efficiency.
- Develop strong backward and forward linkages in the supply chain.
- Promote the use of locally sourced raw materials.
- Explore export opportunities for niche products.
- Collaborate with research institutions and academia for innovation.
- Participate in skill development programs for employees.
- Regularly update and maintain financial records for transparency.
Benefits of PM FME Scheme
The benefits of this scheme are as follows:-
- Enhanced competitiveness: The scheme aims to enhance the competitiveness of micro food processing enterprises by providing them with access to modern technology, infrastructure, and marketing support.
- Increased employment opportunities: By promoting the growth of micro food processing enterprises, the scheme creates new employment opportunities, especially in rural areas, contributing to the overall economic development.
- Capacity building: The scheme focuses on capacity building by providing training and skill development programs to entrepreneurs and workers in the food processing sector, enabling them to enhance their productivity and efficiency.
- Market linkages: PM FME Scheme facilitates market linkages for micro food processing enterprises, ensuring a steady demand for their products and helping them connect with potential buyers, both domestic and international.
- Financial support: The scheme provides financial assistance in the form of credit-linked capital subsidy and other incentives to eligible enterprises, helping them overcome financial barriers and invest in modern equipment and technology.
- Quality assurance: PM FME Scheme emphasizes the importance of maintaining food safety and quality standards, encouraging enterprises to adopt good manufacturing practices and obtain necessary certifications.
- Infrastructure development: The scheme supports the development of food processing infrastructure, including cold storage facilities, processing units, and testing laboratories, ensuring the availability of necessary infrastructure for the growth of the sector.
- Value addition: By promoting value addition in the food processing sector, the scheme encourages enterprises to diversify their product range, leading to increased profitability and market demand.
- Export promotion: PM FME Scheme aims to boost food exports by providing assistance to micro food processing enterprises in meeting international quality standards and accessing export markets.
- Sustainable development: The scheme promotes sustainable development by encouraging the adoption of eco-friendly practices, waste management techniques, and energy-efficient processes in the food processing industry.
Features of PM FME Scheme
The features of this scheme are as follows:-
- Cluster-based approach: The scheme adopts a cluster-based approach, focusing on the development of food processing clusters to enhance the efficiency and competitiveness of micro enterprises.
- Comprehensive support: PM FME Scheme provides comprehensive support, including credit-linked capital subsidy, marketing assistance, access to common infrastructure facilities, and skill development programs.
- Technology upgradation: The scheme encourages the adoption of modern technology and equipment in food processing units, facilitating the upgradation of existing infrastructure and processes.
- Handholding support: PM FME Scheme offers handholding support to micro food processing enterprises, guiding them through the entire process of availing benefits and implementing necessary changes for growth.
- Convergence with other schemes: The scheme promotes convergence with other government schemes and initiatives, ensuring maximum utilization of resources and avoiding duplication of efforts.
- Flexibility: PM FME Scheme provides flexibility in terms of project size, allowing micro enterprises to avail benefits irrespective of their scale of operations.
- Monitoring and evaluation: The scheme incorporates a robust monitoring and evaluation mechanism to track the progress of beneficiaries and ensure the effective utilization of funds.
- Public-private partnership: PM FME Scheme encourages public-private partnership in the food processing sector, facilitating collaboration between micro enterprises and larger players for mutual growth.
- Entrepreneurship development: The scheme focuses on entrepreneurship development by providing training, mentoring, and handholding support to aspiring entrepreneurs in the food processing industry.
- Ease of doing business: PM FME Scheme aims to simplify processes and reduce regulatory burden, enabling micro food processing enterprises to operate with ease and efficiency.
PM FME Scheme Eligibility Criteria
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to apply online for this scheme:-
- The enterprise should be registered as a legal entity, such as a proprietorship, partnership, company, or cooperative society.
- The enterprise should have a valid Udyog Aadhaar Number (UAN) or an Entrepreneur Memorandum (EM) Part-II.
- The enterprise should comply with all relevant regulations and standards related to food safety and quality.
- The enterprise should not be availing any other similar government scheme or subsidy for the same purpose.
- The enterprise should have a bank account and necessary infrastructure to carry out food processing activities.
Some of the important documents required to apply online for this scheme are as follows:-
- Proof of registration as a legal entity (e.g., certificate of incorporation, partnership deed, etc.).
- Udyog Aadhaar Number (UAN) or Entrepreneur Memorandum (EM) Part-II.
- Bank account details and cancelled cheque leaf.
- Project report outlining the proposed activities and investment plan.
- Relevant licenses and certifications related to food safety and quality.
PM FME Scheme Apply Online
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to apply online:-
- Visit and open the Official Website.
- Now click on the Login option.
- Then click on the Applicant Registration (New User).
- The registration form will be displayed.
- Fill out this form.
- Then click on the Register button.
- The registration form will be displayed.
To Do Login
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to login:-
- Visit and go to the official website.
- Now click on the Login option.
- Then click on the Applicant Login (New User).
- The login form will be displayed.
- Fill out the form.
- Then click on the Submit button.
Tracking Application Status
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to track application status:-
- Visit the official website.
- Now click on the Track Application option.
- A pop-up menu will be displayed.
- Fill in the asked detail.
- Now click on the Search icon.
- The relevant details will be displayed.
In case of queries and questions come to your mind regarding the PM FME Scheme, then you may contact this office address, phone no and email ID:-
- Office Address:-
- PMFME Division (MoFPI)
- West Block-1(Opposite Sewa Bhawan),
- R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066
- Phone No:– 9254997101,9254997102
- Email ID:- email@example.com