Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana Apply Online & Registration Form | Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana Check Beneficiary Category & Objectives | Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana Check Benefits & Features | Check Last Date & Selection Procedure | Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana Check Eligibility & All Details |
The Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) is a government scheme launched by the Indian government to provide financial assistance to pregnant women and lactating mothers. The scheme aims to improve the health and nutrition of pregnant women and reduce maternal and infant mortality rates in the country. The applicants will need to apply online before the last date.
This article will provide you with all types of information about Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana 2024 like purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features, important documents, etc. Apart from this, we will share the process to apply online for this scheme. To get complete information about this scheme, read this article till the end.
Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana
Under the Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana, eligible women receive a cash incentive of Rs. 5,000 in three instalments during their pregnancy and after childbirth. The scheme also provides for maternity benefits in the form of a cash incentive of Rs. 1,000 for the first child, which is paid in addition to the Rs. 5,000 incentive.
The Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana is implemented by the Ministry of Women and Child Development and is available across all states and union territories in India. The scheme is a significant step towards ensuring the well-being of mothers and their newborns, and it has been successful in reaching out to millions of women in need.
Highlights of Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana
The highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scheme
|Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana
|Ministry of Women & Child Development
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
Ministry of Women & Child Development
|To provide financial assistance to pregnant women
|Pregnant women will be able to deliver their babies
|Citizens of India
|Pregnant & Lactating Women
|Mode Of Transfer
|DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
|Form of Benefit
|Amount of Benefit
|Cash Incentive Installments
|National Information Center (NIC)
|Mode Of Application
|Last Date To Apply Online
|Will be updated soon
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana
One of the primary objectives of the Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana is to provide financial assistance to pregnant women. Under this scheme, eligible pregnant women and lactating mothers receive a cash incentive of Rs. 5,000 in three installments. The first installment of Rs. 1,000 is provided after the registration of pregnancy, the second installment of Rs. 2,000 is given after the completion of at least one antenatal check-up, and the third installment of Rs. 2,000 is provided after the child’s birth and the completion of the first cycle of immunization.
The second major objective of the Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana is to promote institutional deliveries. The scheme encourages pregnant women to deliver their babies in healthcare institutions such as hospitals and maternity centres. This is important as institutional deliveries ensure skilled attendance during childbirth, access to emergency obstetric care, and better postpartum care. This cash incentive encourages women to opt for institutional deliveries and discourages home deliveries, which may lack proper medical facilities and skilled assistance.
Other Benefits & Objectives
In addition to the two major objectives mentioned above, this scheme also aims to achieve the following:-
- Reducing maternal and infant mortality rates
- Improving the health and nutrition status of pregnant women and lactating mothers
- Encouraging early registration of pregnancy
- Promoting the utilization of antenatal and postnatal care services
- Creating awareness about the importance of proper nutrition and healthcare during pregnancy
- Empowering women by providing them financial support and encouraging them to make informed decisions regarding their health and well-being
Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana Amount
The amount of benefits provided to the applicants are as follows:-
|Cash Incentive Installments
|Early registration of pregnancy at the Anganwadi Centre (AWC) / approved Health facility
|After six months of pregnancy and receiving at least one ante-natal check-up (ANC)
|After childbirth is registered and the child has received the first cycle of BCG, OPV, DPT, and Hepatitis – B or its equivalent/substitute
The PMMVY is available to all pregnant women and lactating mothers, excluding those who are in regular employment with the central or state government or public sector undertakings. The scheme covers women up to two live births and the first child of multiple pregnancies. So this will be the beneficiary category that will need to be undertaken by the applicants.
Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana Application Enrollment Last Date
The application for enrollment in the PMMVY can be made within 730 days of the date of the last menstrual period. The scheme allows for late registration within 365 days of the date of delivery, but the eligible beneficiary will only receive the remaining instalments of the cash incentive.
Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana Selection Procedure
The selection of beneficiaries for the PMMVY is done through the Anganwadi Workers (AWWs) or Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHAs) at the village level. These frontline workers play a crucial role in identifying and registering eligible women for the scheme. The beneficiaries are required to provide necessary documents, such as proof of pregnancy and identity, to avail the benefits.
The implementation of the PMMVY involves various steps:-
- Identification of eligible beneficiaries by Anganwadi Workers (AWWs) or Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHAs) at the village level.
- Registration of beneficiaries and verification of necessary documents.
- Disbursement of cash incentives to the beneficiaries in three instalments during pregnancy and after childbirth.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the scheme’s implementation to ensure transparency and effectiveness.
The PMMVY is supervised and monitored by the Ministry of Women and Child Development at the national level. The ministry works in collaboration with state governments and other stakeholders to ensure the smooth implementation of the scheme and address any issues or challenges that may arise. So this will be the supervision body that will be held responsible for carrying out the working of supervision.
Here are some key guidelines of the PMMVY:-
- Beneficiaries must be above the age of 19 years and have a valid Aadhaar card.
- The scheme is available for the first living child of the mother.
- Beneficiaries must register within the stipulated time frame to avail the benefits.
- The cash incentives are directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- Beneficiaries must undergo regular check-ups and immunizations to receive the full benefits of the scheme.
- Any false declaration or misinformation may lead to the cancellation of the benefits.
- The scheme is applicable for pregnancies starting from January 1, 2017.
- Beneficiaries can seek assistance from Anganwadi Workers (AWWs) or Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHAs) for any queries or support.
- The scheme aims to promote institutional deliveries and discourage home deliveries.
- Beneficiaries are encouraged to utilize the Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) for additional benefits.
List of Some More Schemes
The list of some other schemes are as follows:-
- Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan
- Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri POSHAN Abhiyaan
- Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana
- Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana
The benefits of this scheme are as follows:-
- Financial Support: Under the PMMVY, eligible women receive a cash incentive of Rs. 5,000 in three instalments.
- Nutritional Support: The scheme encourages women to avail the benefits of Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) for better nutrition and healthcare services.
- Reduced Maternal Mortality: By providing financial assistance, the PMMVY aims to reduce maternal mortality rates by ensuring access to quality healthcare during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Improved Birth Outcomes: The scheme promotes institutional deliveries, which are safer and have better birth outcomes for both the mother and the child.
- Maternity Benefit: The cash incentive provided by the PMMVY helps pregnant women and lactating mothers meet their maternity-related expenses.
- Empowerment of Women: By providing financial support, the scheme empowers women to make informed decisions about their health and well-being.
- Health and Nutrition Awareness: The PMMVY also focuses on creating awareness about the importance of proper nutrition and healthcare during pregnancy and lactation.
- Reduced Gender Inequality: The scheme aims to bridge the gender gap by ensuring that women have access to the necessary resources for a healthy pregnancy and childbirth.
- Improved Child Development: By promoting better maternal health, the PMMVY contributes to the overall development of the child, both physically and mentally.
- Financial Inclusion: The scheme encourages women to open bank accounts, promoting financial inclusion and empowering them economically.
Features of Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana
The features of this scheme are as follows:-
- Conditional Cash Transfer: The scheme provides conditional cash transfers to eligible women who fulfil certain criteria.
- Direct Benefit Transfer: The financial assistance is directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries to ensure transparency and eliminate middlemen.
- Universal Coverage: The PMMVY covers all pregnant women and lactating mothers, including those in the organized sector.
- Benefit for First Two Live Births: Women receive the cash incentive for the first two live births to encourage the birth of healthy children.
- Flexible Implementation: The scheme allows states and union territories to implement it as per their specific requirements.
- Effective Monitoring: The PMMVY is closely monitored to ensure that the benefits reach the intended beneficiaries and are utilized appropriately.
- Health and Nutrition Education: The scheme focuses on providing information and education on health, nutrition, and childcare practices to women and their families.
- Convergence with Other Schemes: The PMMVY is designed to complement other government initiatives related to health, nutrition, and women empowerment.
- Online Registration and Tracking: The scheme offers an online platform for registration, tracking, and monitoring the progress of the beneficiaries.
- Feedback Mechanism: The PMMVY encourages feedback from beneficiaries to improve the implementation and effectiveness of the scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana Eligibility Criteria
To avail of the benefits of this scheme, women need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:-
- Women aged 19 years or above
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers
- First two live births
- Applying within 730 days of the birth of the first child
- Not employed in the central or state government or any public sector undertaking
Some of the important documents required to apply online for this scheme are as follows:-
- Proof of Identity (Aadhaar card, Voter ID, PAN card, etc.)
- Proof of Address (Aadhaar card, Voter ID, utility bills, etc.)
- Bank Account Details (bank passbook or cancelled cheque)
- Pregnancy-related documents (maternity card, medical certificate, etc.)
- Birth Certificate of the first child (if applicable)
Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana Apply Online
As this scheme has been recently launched no such information has been released with the help of various social networking sites regarding the application procedure to apply online for the Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana. Whenever the application procedure is launched, we will update you through this article otherwise, the applicant can visit the Official Website.