Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Apply Online & Application Form | Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Check Beneficiary Limit & Budget Amount | Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Check Features & Benefits | Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Check Eligibility & All Details |
The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is a government program in India initiated as part of the Atma-Nirbhar Bharat initiative. Its aim is to boost and enhance the fisheries sector. Under this scheme, efforts are made to improve and develop the fishing industry, which can create more job opportunities and help reduce unemployment in the country.
Through this article, we will provide you with all types of information about the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana 2024 like purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features, important documents, etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process to apply online for this scheme. To get complete information about this scheme, read this article till the end.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana 2024
The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 10, 2020. This scheme aims to double the income of fishermen by increasing fish production and exports. It will run for 5 years from 2020-2021 to 2024-2025, with a budget of Rs 20,050 crore.
The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana has received a budget of around Rs 20,000 crore, announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. This funding will bridge the infrastructure gaps in the fisheries sector. It’s part of the government’s third installment of financial reforms. Out of the budget, Rs 9,000 crore will be used for projects like fishing harbors and cold chains, while the remaining Rs 11,000 crore will be invested in marine, inland fisheries, etc.
Highlights Of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana 2024
The highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scheme
|Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
|Prime Minister Narendra Modi Ji
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
|To promote fish production and exports, creating job opportunities
|This will strengthen the financial well-being of people involved in the fisheries sector
|Citizens of India
|21 to 60 Years
|Rs. 31,400/- Crores
|Mode Of Transfer
|DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
|Form of Benefit
|National Information Center (NIC)
|Mode Of Application
|Department of Fisheries
Ministry of Fisheries,
Animal Husbandry and Dairying,
Government of India
Fish Building Pillar No:235,
|91 – 040 – 24000201/177
Objectives Of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana 2024
The primary goal of the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) is to enhance the fisheries sector and boost fishermen’s income. It aims to promote fish production and exports, creating job opportunities both directly and indirectly. The scheme also ensures social, physical, and financial security for fishermen and fish farmers, while encouraging entrepreneurship in the fisheries sector.
Another major objective of launching the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is to strengthen the financial well-being of people involved in the fisheries sector and improve their overall quality of life. Through PMMSY, the government aims to uplift the economic conditions of those engaged in fishing-related activities and promote sustainable growth in the industry.
Scheme Benefits 29 Lakh Farmers
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana has already made a positive impact, benefiting 29 lakh farmers across India. The central government’s main aim is to drive progress in the fisheries sector and increase the income of fishermen. This can be the achievement milestone.
Expansion of Mega Food Parks
India currently boasts 20 fully operational mega food parks, with 41 more in the approval process. These parks play a crucial role in food processing and distribution, contributing to the growth of the agricultural and fisheries sectors. In this way, we can learn about the expansion of mega food parks.
Integrated Cold Chains for Food Preservation
Progress continues with 258 integrated cold chains near completion and 349 more in the approval pipeline. These facilities are vital for preserving and extending the shelf life of food products, including fish, benefiting both farmers and consumers. This will also help the government to mark food preservation.
Positive Impact on Farm Gate Prices
An evaluation study of the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana in 2023 revealed a 12.38% increase in farm gate prices. This means more income for farmers involved in fisheries and related activities, with over 9500 farmers expected to benefit on average. This can be the positive impact that can be seen in the farm gate prices.
Extended Investment & Farmer Benefits
Originally approved in May 2017 for the 2016-20 period, the scheme has been extended, attracting an investment of Rs. 11,095 crores. By 2025-26, it is expected to benefit a significant 28,49,945 farmers across the country. This extension demonstrates the government’s commitment to the fisheries sector’s growth and the welfare of farmers.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Budget Allocation 2024
It is only on the basis of the budget formation or allocation that the government will be able to successfully implement this scheme. The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana has received a substantial budget of Rs 31,400 crore, indicating the government’s commitment to the fisheries sector.
Treatment of Agricultural Produce
This budget will be used to process approximately 334 lakh metric tonnes of agricultural produce, with an estimated cost of Rs 1,04,125 crore. This processing enhances the value of agricultural products, benefiting farmers. In this way, we can know whether the allotted is used for the right purpose or not.
Investment in Employment
The government plans to generate employment opportunities, targeting about 5 lakh 30 thousand jobs in 2019-2020 through immediate or backhand work related to the fisheries sector. This can be only possible if the residents or applicants applying online for this scheme are giving their active participation.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Fish Production Targets
The government has set ambitious targets for fish production. The aim is to achieve 15 million tonnes under the Blue Revolution by 2020, and this could potentially increase to 20 million tonnes by 2023, signaling growth and sustainability in the fishing industry.
Cluster-Based Approach for Optimal Results
The government plans to implement the scheme using a cluster or region-based approach, aiming for the best possible results with well-established forward, and backward linkages, and comprehensive solutions for the fisheries sector. Using this approach, the government can generate good outputs.
Technological Advancements in Aquaculture
To boost production, productivity, and quality, the government will employ various technologies like recirculatory aquaculture systems, biofloc, aquaponics, and cage culture in aquaculture activities. With the adoption of technological advancements, agricultural methods or techniques can be enhanced.
Focus on Cold Water Fisheries & Expansion
Special emphasis will be placed on the development of cold water fisheries in brackish areas and brackish water. The scheme also aims to expand aquaculture activities. In this way, the government can work on expanding the benefits of this scheme in the field of cold water fisheries.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Boosting Fish Education
The state government is facilitating fish education at the Fisheries College of Arabia. This move will benefit students, and college officials have already prepared future plans. The government will soon develop manpower and resources to support this initiative, ensuring that fisheries colleges can provide valuable information to students in the field of fisheries for their future success.
Region-Specific Plans for Development
There are some reservations and specific plans that have been kept for various regions. Region-specific development plans for fisheries will receive special attention, with a focus on areas like Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Islands, North East, and Aspirational Districts. The regions that have been selected will get special preferences.
Increasing Fish Production & Export Earnings
This scheme will also work or focus on increasing or boosting fish production in a better way by which they will also be able to enhance export earnings. Another key goal is to boost fish production from 13.75 million metric tons to 22 million metric tons and double export earnings from Rs. 46,000 crore to Rs. 1,00,000 crore.
Scheme’s Investment & Benefits
The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana aims to invest Rs. 20,050 crore in the fisheries ecosystem, primarily benefiting fishermen across the country. This investment can be proven to be beneficial if the right amount of money or budget is being used in the fisheries ecosystem.
Creating Employment & Promoting Entrepreneurship
It seeks to generate 15 lakh direct employment opportunities and three times as many indirect jobs. The scheme also aims to encourage entrepreneurship and attract private investment in the fisheries sector. This perspective will also forbid or redress unemployment issues or challenges that can provide jobs to various unemployed citizens.
Strengthening Fisherman’s Bargaining Power
Mobilization through fish farmer producer organizations will be promoted to enhance the bargaining power of fishermen and fish farmers. This will also provide them zeal to earn more income while using bargaining or negotiation power. This will provide twice or thrice wealth to the fishermen.
Enhancing Research & Extension Services
The scheme’s goal includes strengthening research and extension support services while promoting collaboration with the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE) and ICAR. In this way, an approach or mindset can be given towards the enhancement of research and extension services.
Some Other Positive Efforts
Some other positive efforts that are being undertaken by the govt are as follows:-
- Integrated Coastal Fishing Communities:- The scheme aims to develop integrated modern coastal fishing villages with essential infrastructure to uplift coastal fishing communities.
- Development of Aquaparks:- Aqua Parks will be established to serve as hubs for various fisheries activities and facilities under the scheme.
- Support for Fisheries Incubation Centers (FICs):- The establishment of Fisheries Incubation Centers (FICs) will be supported, involving both government and private sectors.
- Livelihood Support During Lean Periods:- Fishermen and others involved in fisheries will receive annual livelihood support during restriction or lean periods to provide financial stability.
- Expanding Fisheries in Bihar:- Both central and state governments have launched schemes to expand fisheries in Bihar. These initiatives will enable Bihar’s farmers to export fish to other states, addressing fish shortages elsewhere.
- Reducing Post-Harvest Losses and Doubling Income:- The scheme aims to significantly reduce post-harvest losses from 20-25% to just 10%. Doubling the income of farmers involved in fisheries is a vital objective.
- Increasing Contribution to Agricultural GVA:- The scheme targets increasing the contribution of the fisheries sector to agricultural GVA from 7.28% to approximately 9%.
- Rationalizing Fish Consumption:- An important aim is to encourage people to consume more domestic fish, increasing the average consumption from 5 kg to 12 kg per person.
PMMSY Operational Framework
The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) released its operational guidelines on June 30, 2020. This scheme involves an investment of Rs. 9,407 crore from the Central Government and Rs. 4,880 crore from the State Government. Additionally, beneficiaries will contribute Rs. 5,763 crore. These guidelines provide the framework for implementing the PMMSY, outlining how funds will be utilized and how different levels of government will participate in this initiative.
Transforming Bihar’s Fisheries Sector
As part of the Blue Revolution in the fisheries sector, several initiatives have been launched in Bihar. ‘Fish on Wheels’ was inaugurated in Patna with the help of two units. A fish brood bank was established in Sitamarhi, and an Aquatic Diseases Referral Laboratory was set up in Kishanganj. Additionally, a Fish Feed Mill was opened in Madhepura. Dr. Rajendra Prasad established the Center for Comprehensive Fish Production Technology.
Benefits Of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana 2024
The benefits of this scheme are as follows:-
- It’s one of the many schemes introduced by the government to address the growing problem of unemployment.
- PMMSY aims to upgrade the fisheries sector, boost the economy of fishermen, and improve their living standards.
- It also creates job opportunities in the fisheries sector, benefiting many people directly and indirectly.
- Around 2 million cattle farmers are expected to benefit from the fisheries sector through this scheme, diversifying income sources.
- These efforts aim to enhance the fisheries industry and improve fish production in the region.
- Financial security for fishermen and fish farmers will be provided.
- This will increase the income of fishermen.
- This scheme will contribute to the growth of the agricultural and fisheries sectors.
- The government will be able to provide social welfare to the farmers.
Features Of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana 2024
The features of this scheme are as follows:-
- The Central Government has launched the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana.
- This scheme will be applicable to the fishermen.
- A budget amount of Rs. 31,400/- crores has been allocated.
- The government plans to generate employment opportunities.
- The government plans to implement the scheme using a cluster or region-based approach.
- The government will employ various technologies like recirculatory aquaculture systems, biofloc, aquaponics, and cage culture in aquaculture activities.
- Region-specific development plans for fisheries will receive special attention, with a focus on areas like Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Islands, North East, and Aspirational Districts.
- The last date to apply online will be updated soon.
- For getting more information, one can visit the official website.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Eligibility Criteria
The applicants will need to possess the below-mentioned points to get an online registration:-
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- This scheme will be applicable to the:-
- Fish farmers
- The Fish Workers & Fish vendors
- Fisheries Development corporations
- Self Help Groups (SHGs)/Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) in the fisheries sector
- Fisheries cooperatives
- Fisheries Federations
- Entrepreneurs and private firms
- Fish Farmers Producer Organizations/Companies (FFPOs/Cs)
- SCs/STs/Women/Differently abled persons
- State Governments/UTs and their entities including
- State Fisheries Development Boards (SFDB)
- Central Government and its entities
Some of the important documents required to apply online for this scheme are as follows:-
- Aadhar Card
- Residence Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Occupation Certificate
- Bank Account Details
- Latest Passport Size Photos
- Mobile No
- Email ID
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Application Process 2024
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to apply online for this scheme:-
- Go to the NFDB (National Fisheries Development Board) Official Website.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- Click on Template under the “Quick Links” section at the bottom of the homepage.
- On the new page, click on Template for preparation of DPR (Detailed Project Report) for Fisheries Projects on the left side.
- Download the application form by choosing one of the two options provided.
- Fill in all the required information in the application form.
- Upload all the necessary documents as specified.
- Submit your DPR, along with supporting documents, to NFDB and the Fisheries Department.
- Remember to send two copies of the DPR to NFDB and one copy to the Department of Fisheries (DoF).
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to get contact details:-
- Go to the official website.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- On the homepage, click on the Contact Us link.
- The contact details will be displayed.
In case queries and questions come to your mind regarding the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana, then you may contact this mentioned office address, telephone No, & email ID:-
- Office Address:-
- Department of Fisheries
- Ministry of Fisheries,
- Animal Husbandry and Dairying,
- Government of India
- Fish Building Pillar No:235,
- PVNR Expressway
- SVPNPA Post,
- Telephone No:- + 91 – 040 – 24000201/177
- E-Mail ID:- firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What is the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)?
PMMSY is a government initiative aimed at boosting the fisheries sector in India. It focuses on increasing fish production, and exports, and providing economic opportunities to those involved in the fishing industry.
2. When was PMMSY launched, and for how long will it run?
PMMSY was launched on September 10, 2020, and it will run for 5 years from 2020-2021 to 2024-2025.
3. How much is the budget allocated for PMMSY?
The scheme has a budget of Rs 31,400 crore, with a significant portion allocated for projects like fishing harbors, cold chains, and investments in marine and inland fisheries.
4. Who is eligible to benefit from PMMSY?
Eligible beneficiaries include fishermen, fish farmers, fish workers, fish vendors, fisheries development corporations, self-help groups, cooperatives, entrepreneurs, and more.
5. How can I apply for PMMSY online?
To apply online, visit the NFDB official website, download the application form, fill it out with the required information, and upload the necessary documents. Submit the form to NFDB and the Fisheries Department.
6. What is the objective of PMMSY?
The primary objectives are to increase fish production, create job opportunities, improve the income of those in the fisheries sector, and promote entrepreneurship in the industry.
7. How does PMMSY benefit farmers and fishermen?
PMMSY aims to provide financial security, reduce post-harvest losses, and increase farm gate prices, ultimately improving the income of farmers and fishermen.
8. What are the key features of PMMSY?
Some key features include a budget allocation of Rs 31,400 crore, a cluster-based approach for implementation, and the use of technology in aquaculture activities.
What is the contact information for inquiries about PMMSY?
You can contact the Department of Fisheries at their office address in Hyderabad, telephone number +91 – 040 – 24000201/177, or via email at email@example.com.
10. How will PMMSY contribute to the growth of the fisheries sector?PMMSY aims to increase fish production, expand aquaculture activities, and enhance research and extension services, leading to increased income for those in the fisheries sector and overall growth in the industry.