Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana Apply Online & Application Form | Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana Check Benefits & Features | Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana Check Beneficiary Category & Last Date | Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana Check Supervision Body & Skill Development | Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana Check Eligibility & All Details |
The Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana operates on the principle of sustainable development, aiming to strike a balance between mining activities and the welfare of the affected communities. By channeling a portion of the mining revenue back into these regions, the government aims to mitigate the adverse impacts of mining and promote the overall well-being of the people.
This article will provide you with all types of information about the Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana 2024 like purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features, important documents, etc. Apart from this, we will share the process to apply online for this scheme. To get complete information about this scheme, read this article till the end.
Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana (PMKKKY) is a welfare scheme introduced by the Government of India to ensure the overall development and well-being of people living in areas affected by mining activities. Launched in 2015, this scheme aims to address the social and economic challenges faced by communities residing in mineral-rich regions.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana, a percentage of the revenue generated from mining activities is allocated for the benefit of the affected communities. This fund is utilized for the implementation of various developmental and welfare programs, focusing on areas such as healthcare, education, skill development, infrastructure development, and the overall upliftment of the affected population.
Highlights of Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana
The highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scheme
|Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana
|State Government of Assam
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
|Will be updated soon
|To minimize the adverse impacts of mining on the environment
|There will be an empowerment of women and promotion of gender equality
|Citizens of Assam
|Mining Affected Activities
|Marginalized Sections of Society
|Annual Income Limit
|As Per Guidelines
|Mode Of Transfer
|DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
|Form of Benefit
|Amount of benefit
|State Government Scheme
|As Per Guidelines
|Last Date To Apply Online
|Will be Updated Soon
|National Information Center (NIC)
|Mode Of Application
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana has several key objectives:-
- To minimize the adverse impacts of mining on the environment and the affected communities.
- To ensure the sustainable development of mineral-rich areas by utilizing a portion of the mining revenue for the welfare of the affected population.
- To promote inclusive growth by providing necessary infrastructure, healthcare facilities, education, and skill development opportunities in these regions.
- To empower the affected communities by creating employment opportunities and enhancing their livelihood options.
- To encourage the participation of local communities in decision-making processes related to the utilization of the PMKKKY funds.
The beneficiaries of the PMKKKY include:-
- People residing in areas affected by mining activities, such as villages and towns located near mines.
- Tribal communities and marginalized sections of society living in mineral-rich regions.
- Individuals and families whose livelihoods are directly or indirectly dependent on mining activities.
Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana: Application Enrollment, Last Dates, and Selection Procedure
- The application enrollment process for PMKKKY varies from state to state. Interested individuals can contact the designated authorities or visit the official website of the respective state government for detailed information on the application procedure.
- The last dates for enrollment are typically announced by the state government and may vary depending on the specific region and the availability of funds.
- The selection procedure involves the scrutiny of applications and the identification of eligible beneficiaries based on predefined criteria. The selection process is carried out by the designated authorities, ensuring transparency and fairness in the allocation of benefits.
The implementation of the PMKKKY involves the following steps:-
- Identification of affected areas:- The mineral-rich areas that are eligible for the PMKKKY benefits are identified by the state government in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Fund allocation:– A percentage of the revenue generated from mining activities in these identified areas is allocated for the PMKKKY fund.
- Formulation of projects:– Developmental and welfare projects are formulated based on the specific needs and requirements of the affected communities.
- Implementation and monitoring:– The projects are implemented by the designated authorities, and regular monitoring and evaluation are carried out to ensure the effective utilization of funds and the achievement of desired outcomes.
Facilitation of Supervision Body
The PMKKKY is supervised by a designated body at the state level. This body is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the scheme, monitoring the utilization of funds, and ensuring the compliance of guidelines.
Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana: Key Guidelines
The PMKKKY operates based on the following key guidelines:
- Transparency and accountability in the utilization of funds.
- Active participation of local communities in the decision-making process.
- Focus on sustainable development and environmental conservation.
- Equal opportunities for all sections of society, including tribal communities and marginalized groups.
- Promotion of education, healthcare, and skill development in the affected areas.
- Promotion of livelihood opportunities and income generation activities.
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of projects to ensure their effectiveness.
- Collaboration with various stakeholders, including mining companies, NGOs, and local authorities.
- Empowerment of women and promotion of gender equality.
- Encouragement of innovative approaches and best practices in project implementation.
Under the PMKKKY, a significant portion of the funds collected from mining companies is allocated towards the enhancement of healthcare infrastructure in the mining areas. This includes the establishment and upgradation of hospitals, clinics, and healthcare centers, along with the provision of essential medical equipment and supplies. The objective is to bridge the healthcare gap and provide accessible and affordable healthcare services to the local population.
The PMKKKY also focuses on improving the availability of specialized healthcare services in these areas. It aims to strengthen the existing healthcare facilities by providing training and support to healthcare professionals, enabling them to deliver quality healthcare services. The scheme also encourages the establishment of specialized medical institutions and the recruitment of specialized doctors and healthcare staff to cater to the specific healthcare needs of the communities.
Healthcare awareness and preventive measures are crucial components of the PMKKKY. The scheme emphasizes the importance of preventive healthcare and promotes health education programs to create awareness among the local communities. These programs cover a wide range of topics, including hygiene, nutrition, maternal and child health, and disease prevention. By empowering the communities with knowledge and awareness, the scheme aims to reduce the incidence of preventable diseases and promote a healthier lifestyle.
Furthermore, the PMKKKY recognizes the significance of telemedicine in improving healthcare access in remote mining areas. Through the use of technology, the scheme facilitates remote consultations, diagnosis, and treatment, reducing the need for patients to travel long distances for medical care. Telemedicine services are integrated into the healthcare infrastructure, ensuring that even the most remote communities have access to specialized medical advice and consultations.
Education & Scholarships
Transparency and accountability are key principles of the PMKKKY. The scheme ensures that the funds allocated for healthcare development are utilized efficiently and effectively. Regular audits and monitoring mechanisms are in place to track the progress and impact of the healthcare initiatives. This ensures that the resources are utilized optimally and that the intended beneficiaries receive the benefits they are entitled to.
The Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana’s focus on healthcare facilities is a testament to the government’s commitment to the well-being of local communities in mining areas. By enhancing healthcare infrastructure, promoting preventive healthcare, and leveraging technology, the scheme aims to address the healthcare challenges faced by these communities. Through the PMKKKY, the government is empowering the local communities and ensuring that they have access to quality healthcare services, ultimately improving their overall health and well-being.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana
The benefits of this scheme are as follows:-
- PMKKKY ensures that local communities have a say in the decision-making process regarding the utilization of funds generated from mining activities. This empowers them to actively participate in the development of their own areas.
- One of the key benefits of PMKKKY is the development of infrastructure in mining areas. The scheme allocates funds for the construction of roads, bridges, schools, hospitals, and other essential facilities, improving the overall quality of life for the residents.
- PMKKKY focuses on providing better healthcare facilities to the people living in mining areas. The scheme supports the establishment of hospitals, clinics, and healthcare centers, ensuring access to quality medical services for the local communities.
- PMKKKY aims to enhance the skill set of the local population by providing them with training and employment opportunities. This helps in creating a skilled workforce, reducing unemployment, and improving the economic conditions of the mining regions.
- The scheme emphasizes the importance of environmental conservation in mining areas. It promotes sustainable mining practices and allocates funds for the restoration and reclamation of mined-out areas, ensuring the long-term ecological balance of the region.
- PMKKKY focuses on improving the educational opportunities for the children of mining communities. It provides scholarships and financial aid for higher education, vocational training, and skill development programs, enabling them to secure a better future.
- The scheme aims to enhance the livelihood options for the local communities by promoting entrepreneurship and supporting income-generating activities. It provides financial assistance and technical support to individuals and groups for starting small businesses.
- PMKKKY recognizes the importance of women empowerment in mining areas. The scheme encourages the participation of women in decision-making processes and provides them with opportunities for skill development and entrepreneurship, promoting gender equality.
- PMKKKY focuses on improving the overall social welfare of the mining communities. It supports initiatives for the welfare of vulnerable sections of society, such as the elderly, differently-abled individuals, and marginalized groups.
- The scheme ensures transparency and accountability in the utilization of funds generated from mining activities. It mandates the establishment of district-level committees to monitor the implementation of projects and ensures that the benefits reach the intended beneficiaries.
Features of Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana
The features of this scheme are as follows:-
- Fund Allocation: The PMKKKY scheme ensures that a portion of the funds generated from mining activities is allocated for the development of affected areas.
- Healthcare Facilities: One of the key features of PMKKKY is the provision of healthcare facilities, including mobile medical units and dispensaries, to ensure access to quality healthcare for the affected communities.
- Education: The scheme focuses on improving educational facilities by establishing schools, colleges, and vocational training centers in mining-affected areas.
- Infrastructure Development: PMKKKY aims to develop infrastructure in affected areas, including roads, bridges, and drinking water facilities, to enhance the quality of life for the communities.
- Skill Development: The scheme emphasizes skill development programs to enhance the employability of the affected population and promote sustainable livelihood options.
- Women and Child Welfare: PMKKKY ensures the empowerment of women and focuses on the welfare of children through initiatives like nutrition programs, self-help groups, and childcare centers.
- Environmental Conservation: The scheme promotes environmental conservation by allocating funds for afforestation, land reclamation, and other measures to mitigate the environmental impact of mining activities.
- Livelihood Support: PMKKKY provides support for alternative livelihood options, such as agriculture, horticulture, and animal husbandry, to reduce dependency on mining activities.
- Community Participation: The scheme encourages active participation of the affected communities in decision-making processes and ensures their involvement in the planning and implementation of development projects.
- Transparency and Accountability: PMKKKY emphasizes transparency and accountability by mandating the utilization of funds through a trust or a similar mechanism, ensuring that the benefits reach the intended beneficiaries.
Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana Eligibility Criteria
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to apply online for this scheme :-
- Residential Criteria: The applicant must be a resident of the mining-affected area as specified by the government. Proof of residence, such as a valid ID card or address proof, may be required.
- Family Criteria: The benefits of the PMKKKY scheme are extended to the affected households. Therefore, the applicant must belong to a family residing in the mining-affected area.
- Income Criteria: The scheme primarily targets the economically weaker sections of society. Therefore, there may be income criteria to determine eligibility. The specific income limits may vary based on the state or region.
- Identification: To avail the benefits, the applicant must possess valid identification documents, such as an Aadhaar card, voter ID card, or any other government-issued ID.
- Registration: In some cases, registration with the concerned authorities may be required to access the benefits of the PMKKKY scheme. Applicants should inquire about the registration process and ensure compliance.
Some of the important documents required to apply online for this scheme are as follows:-
- Proof of Residence: You will need to provide a valid proof of residence in the affected area. This could include documents such as a ration card, voter ID card, or electricity bill in your name.
- Identity Proof: You will also need to submit a valid identity proof, such as an Aadhaar card, PAN card, or passport.
- Income Certificate: To determine your eligibility for certain benefits, you may be required to provide an income certificate. This document can be obtained from the appropriate authority in your area.
- Bank Account Details: It is essential to have a bank account in your name to receive any financial assistance or benefits under the scheme. Make sure to provide the necessary details, including your account number and IFSC code.
- Other Supporting Documents: Depending on the specific benefits you are applying for, you may need to submit additional documents. These could include land ownership documents, caste certificates, or disability certificates, among others.
Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana Apply Online
As this scheme has been recently launched no such information has been released with the help of various social networking sites regarding the application procedure to apply online for the Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan. Whenever the application procedure is launched, we will update you through this article otherwise, the applicant can visit the Official Website.
The link to important download are as follows:-
|Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana